Posts: 30 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Virginia
Originally Posted by ZackMorris View Post
Ok has anyone ordered a housing? I'm not sure if it comes with a microsim tray or usb door cover. Does anyone know? I'm thinking of getting the white one and sending it off to Palco.
There are two other housing auctions on ebay that contain photos of that side of the phone that shows empty slots without the tray or the door cover. On that basis, I'd make the assumption that they wouldn't be included.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Hou...-/260833478200

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Yeah man the screen is definitely cracked, and the top of the housing is too, the screen won't stay in place because of it. Looks like I have to order a housing but I'm worried about the usb door and sim tray.

alright i am proud to announce you guys that it was a piece of cake to replace the screen, the bezel as mentioned by cerobrets was not included on the screen i bought but guess what? Its just glued together using the same tool provided by the seller to open the screen with (the little plastic) it easily got out, occurs i didn't had any glue so made a quick run to radioshack and got a superglue used very very very very (stress on very) little portion to glue the bezel taken from the broken screen to new one, then put it back together, screw it and bam done. I am surprised how easy it was.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
alright i am proud to announce you guys that it was a piece of cake to replace the screen, the bezel as mentioned by cerobrets was not included on the screen i bought but guess what? Its just glued together using the same tool provided by the seller to open the screen with (the little plastic) it easily got out, occurs i didn't had any glue so made a quick run to radioshack and got a superglue used very very very very (stress on very) little portion to glue the bezel taken from the broken screen to new one, then put it back together, screw it and bam done. I am surprised how easy it was.
WOW congratulations man, I was nervous for you. So glad you got it fixed. Does everything work OK?

Well done on your self fix! You could run a Nokia repair center now

Originally Posted by ZackMorris View Post
Yeah man the screen is definitely cracked, and the top of the housing is too, the screen won't stay in place because of it. Looks like I have to order a housing but I'm worried about the usb door and sim tray.
Shlt that is super shltty, I'm so sorry to see that beautiful phone all in pieces, you must be stressing.

I hope Palco sort you out. Wishing you all the luck

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
WOW congratulations man, I was nervous for you. So glad you got it fixed. Does everything work OK?

Well done on your self fix! You could run a Nokia repair center now
everything is superb actually lot better than before no creaking noise and the right side of the LCD is completely flushed now before i could feel the glass cutting because it felt like it was raised.
and guys if you try it make sure you are extra careful with the USB door i managed to break that in two, now the pressing part is stuck there, not really worried about that may be will buy that when available, makes me now almost want to buy a white housing and slap that in since i also have a fairly small almost non noticeable scratch on plastics by 3.5mm jack but that will be when the housing cost drops to around 20bucs i am not paying 75 for a housing.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
good job somedude...

Originally Posted by ceroberts75 View Post
good job somedude...

thanks,
so you never said how your square trade warranty claim for N9 went.

thanks,
I'm interested in SquareTrade too. Got a totally automatic reply to my specific question about the N9, but they also included a link to their more detailed T&Cs and I see this:

SQUARETRADE SERVICE AGREEMENT SUMMARY

HOW LONG IT LASTS:
If your item is used, or doesn't have a US manufacturer's warranty of at least 90 days ("Other"), then the Service Agreement begins on the 61st day after item purchase and lasts for the number of years of coverage you specify at purchase time.

So we should be able to safely buy a warranty from them, and understand coverage doesn't start for 60 days. Seems fair.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
thanks,
email #1

After reviewing the hardware issues with your item we've determined that it is not repairable due to the high cost or unavailability of parts. Due to this, we've decided to simply reimburse you the remaining value of your warranty instead of attempting repair.

We will be reimbursing you $599.99 in 2-3 business days via Paypal. Your item will not be returned to you.

If you have any questions or concerns, please reply to this email or call us at 1-877-900-7283 6am-5pm PST M-F.
not happy with taking the total loss on the device, had it sent back and they sent me this. email #2

We've finished the initial assessment of your claim, and determined that you should be able to repair your item by utilizing a local repair facility in your area.
Here's what happens next.
Find an authorized repair place convenient to you and arrange a repair.
Wherever you choose to have the unit repaired, the SquareTrade warranty will reimburse you for repairs up to value of your warranty, which is: $599.99 plus any applicable gift card bonus.
The SquareTrade Care Plan covers parts and labor only. SquareTrade will not reimburse for software installation, diagnostics that do not result in a repair, or shipping. If the repair estimate is less than the warranty value shown above, proceed with the repairs. If the repair estimate is more than the warranty value, call us to discuss your options.
i will get it repaired and submit the claim.

The Following User Says Thank You to ceroberts75 For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia support