Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
opinion != whiners but as always when critisising TMO behave over all, people must start defend whiners and trolls as something good
i still don't get why then you are still here if it's such a bad place to be? And not only you here, you keep telling everyone who doesn't share your idea is troll, which is kinda trolling, and i wouldn't say that you whining about whining too much.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
Few points they make:

- Jolla is actively listening to the community feedback. Ideas they get from the community are going directly to the product designers and are influencing the development of "the other half(s)"

- To critism about (overly) thick top and bottom bezel of the prototype they reply they will do all they can to remedy this.

- Qt5 works on Sailfish.

- Browser is developed in-house and uses Gecko engine.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ladoga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
To be honest, this isn't really the place where example most of the developer talk happens anymore and in general this is mixed bunch of N900, N9, Android users.
They could have mentioned matkapuhelinfoorumi while at it. It's active with Jolla talk as well...

Can't see the problem.
some people need to feel important

Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by myname24 View Post
IIRC opera was one of their partners ( first sailfish demo ) . I thought they will make the browser .
oper's move to webkit may have impacted this

The Following User Says Thank You to onethreealpha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by www.rzr.online.fr View Post
wondering if it can support mozilla/firefoxos's webapps ?
Potentially it can support mobile Firefox addons (JetPack API based ones), but currently Embedlite doesn't support them out of the box. Not sure about Firefox OS applications, but if that would be possible - it'll be great, since it essentially will be the HTML5 runtime of Sailfish.

Last edited by shmerl; 2013-05-23 at 02:59.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
Jolla should pay more attention to whatever happens at XDA-Developers.com - it has 10000 times the traffic and the eyeballs of TMO. That this community has never been able to set up an N900 or N9 forum there is a shame, because for all intents and purposes, that's where every mobile hacker shares it's work. This ghetto is very cozy but nobody knows we exist.

The Following User Says Thank You to tigas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tigas View Post
Jolla should pay more attention to whatever happens at XDA-Developers.com - it has 10000 times the traffic and the eyeballs of TMO. That this community has never been able to set up an N900 or N9 forum there is a shame, because for all intents and purposes, that's where every mobile hacker shares it's work. This ghetto is very cozy but nobody knows we exist.
XDA-developers while big, mostly focuses on Android. Sailfish section there is filled with noob questions like of "can I run Sailfish on my device X" (which most often has no glibc drivers available).

I think Jolla should set up their own community forum. They are reluctant to do so however, and say instead: "let community do it". Community tried (there was opentablets.org) but didn't attract much interest. TMO remains the only forum that has interested crowd which includes developers.

Last edited by shmerl; 2013-05-23 at 02:57.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Tmo is now a mixture of noobs ultra noobs junkies serious end users devlopers protentialy good organisers etc lol

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Mobile Flash is "dead".
I know it dead. But it still widely used so it's a reason not to upgrade if most web urls using flash.

Most android on the markets handles flash very well and n9 handles is but not as good but still working with FF. The web experience without video support in browser is not yet up to participate without flash.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ladoga View Post
Few points they make:

- Jolla is actively listening to the community feedback. Ideas they get from the community are going directly to the product designers and are influencing the development of "the other half(s)"
The question is: where are they listening? Where should I go to give feedback? To Twitter? To their Facebook site?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:

Tags
finnish, jolla, sailfish