Closed Thread
Im just curious - lets say we have android running on our N900s ... and a new version emerges ... how easy or hard do you think its gonna be to upgrade to it?

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
realistivly not to hard google dont tend to change much in the really low level code that often

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 1,019 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Moscow, Russia
http://newsycat.com/android/n900/zIm...cnames-fanoush

Applied patch from kernel-power (mmcnames-fanoush.diff) and remove all Android USB stuff. Still need more testing. (it seems works, but who knows...)

Update: bricks device, file removed.

Last edited by e-yes; 2010-06-04 at 23:03.

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Alabama
whats going on with wifi? is there some kind of error or something when scanning?

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

it wont create the socket file (well actually it does but android refuses to acknowledge its their - i can scan networks by hand using wpa_cli but not through the android os

OK MAJOR SERIOUS HUGE UPDATE :

sorry for the lack of updates recently been bit busy. but i now have something worth talking abotu to mention - I HAVE WORKING WIFI

albeit ive gone back to donut temporarily while i wait for froyo, just going to try and get battery reporting going and then ill do a video upload to youtube and up the rootfs

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
Does that mean you can also use the Google Apps and install applications from the market?

havent even tried that yet - last time i did it didnt work (0on the n8x0) but since the n900 has a equal cpu to the archos tablets i thinks ill give it ago again once my new donut build works

should also mention that overclocking seems to work on n900 nitdroid too by echoing the appropriate options into certain files (not sayign which as i dont want users bricking devices using it on a dev os

Banned | Posts: 388 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2010
Can we dual boot Maemo and Android?

not as yet, i know e-yes is working on a kernel to do dual boot though

Closed Thread

Tags
android, cool stuff, froyo on n900, nitdroid