Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
You could also use Mimer for that: https://openrepos.net/content/llelectronics/mimer

I wonder why this isn't part of the basic system functionality yet.
So it is not a problem that you only now got copy-paste and browser is crashing, but you can't understand why this feature is not there by default?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
BTW, I might have found an workaround for the cyclic browser crash: Try to switch to airplane mode. That should load the "you have no Internet" placeholder page, potentially interrupting the crash cycle.

Tried this just once so far, but 'll try to do it again once my browser enter the cycle again & will report back (here or in the question on Together).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
Originally Posted by atlochowski View Post
Try to visit https://www.theguardian.com/ . Browser always crash on this site.
Yes but it must be something related to the startpage at the guardian as www.theguardian.com/uk-news (and every other subpage I'm using) doesn't crash the browser (I think any banner or whatever eats ram and the browser can't handle this ...)

Last edited by elastic; 2017-04-12 at 16:03.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elastic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
So it is not a problem that you only now got copy-paste and browser is crashing, but you can't understand why this feature is not there by default?
Huh, what?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 70 | Thanked: 357 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Europe
I think their browser is based on Chromium? On my Ubuntu laptop I once had frequent crashes, in particular with the current (horrible) desktop version of Linkedin. This was solved with an Ubuntu update that upgraded Chromium to a newer version.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pim For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by Pim View Post
I think their browser is based on Chromium? On my Ubuntu laptop I once had frequent crashes, in particular with the current (horrible) desktop version of Linkedin. This was solved with an Ubuntu update that upgraded Chromium to a newer version.
It isn't. It is mozilla based.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
What happens to the patchmanager's web catalogue patches? "Show album's art on lockscreen" and "Voicecall combined patch" still not compatible with 2.1.0.11 (though these should not be different to the 2.1.0.10 ones).

The Following User Says Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
Huh, what?
ZogG is not a native English speaker. What I think he meant (and why I thanked his post) is something like, "So you don't mind that we had to wait for three years to get 'select and copy' in the browser and that the browser is constantly crashing, but you find the missing 'choose the default browser' feature a problem?"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cy8aer View Post
What happens to the patchmanager's web catalogue patches? "Show album's art on lockscreen" and "Voicecall combined patch" still not compatible with 2.1.0.11 (though these should not be different to the 2.1.0.10 ones).
Normally you can still install them even if they're only marked as compatible with a previous version. You might need to enable developer mode (in patchmanager), though.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
ZogG is not a native English speaker. What I think he meant (and why I thanked his post) is something like, "So you don't mind that we had to wait for three years to get 'select and copy' in the browser and that the browser is constantly crashing, but you find the missing 'choose the default browser' feature a problem?"
Oh, I see. But still: huh? I don't remember saying anything about copy/paste functionality.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
But still: huh? I don't remember saying anything about copy/paste functionality.
No, you did not. Which I think was ZogG's point.

Not that I agree with ZogG on everything, but he has a point that there are still a lot of problems in Sailfish. Some of them are very basic things but they have been left there for such a long time that we have become accustomed to them and no longer even talk about them. Nothing to do with you personally.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sfos upgrade