Notices

Closed Thread
thanks scorpius for your help
but i dont now what is thirdparty software but i dont use japan or chieese

scorpius can you give me a tipp what can i do i think uninstall yappari would not help
soo i must touch the enter key very fast to hold it not longer haha
i will try to find the bug -.-
thanks

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
I have an idea (more like a hack) for the next version to avoid the newlines bug... I hope it helps.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
ok i will wait for it but
but soon year 2013 comes the end of the world haha please finish it before 2013 haha
thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to jhonny For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
One problem is that if the source is open, WhatsApp Inc. can monitor you closely (like they do with Wazapp and block everything they do) and then start the cat & mouse race of WhatsApp Inc. blocking and we trying to fix it.

The second problem is of course a lawsuit. WhatsApp Inc. couldn't care less about Yappari right now it just have 2000 users max, but if I release the source, anyone can make a client, even a better client for Android or iOS, and if that happens they would also sue me.
Scorpius, a thought below for your consideration.
You don't have to do it of course.

Perhaps you could split Yappari to an engine binary & a UI lib*.so.
A set of API interfaces would be required at both sides.
The engine would call callback functions on Whatsapp protocol events. Callback implementations on the UI side then need to be available for the engine to call.
Likewise, the UI would call callbacks & the engine have corresponding callback function implementations.

You could then keep the engine/protocol code & outsource the bigger problem (UI, which takes up most of your time & typically any dev project's time) to the community.

Implies lotsa change to your code unfortunately, if it hasn't been implemented in such an architecture. But the benefits are great (imagine just asking for an interface & someone else does all that pain for you )

You get the drift, being an experienced coder n all.

& I'm still hoping you'd implement ability to let Yappari accept an IMEI specified into yappari config file of course.. :P Wishful thinking.

kh

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bozoid For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bozoid View Post
Perhaps you could split Yappari to an engine binary & a UI lib*.so.
Not a bad idea at all...

& I'm still hoping you'd implement ability to let Yappari accept an IMEI specified into yappari config file of course.. :P Wishful thinking.
Even if I do that you won't be able to change from one device to the other without re-registering all the time, and you can only register like once a week.

Originally Posted by 814d3 View Post
Your post failed, find the failure plz.

btt:
current release works without problems so far - picture reception works too! great job! little donation should be there.

thanks for ur reply.. i dont know why I am unable to register.. see attachments..
Attached Images

Originally Posted by safoo View Post
thanks for ur reply.. i dont know why I am unable to register.. see attachments..
I need to see your log, not your screenshots.

Why do people NEVER read the first post ENTIRELY?

From the first post:

PLEASE DON'T INSTALL/USE YAPPARI IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO SEND A LOG. WHILE IT'S ALPHA IS INTENDED FOR EXPERIENCED N900 USERS ONLY.

Log is located @ /home/user/.config/scorpius/yappari.log
And DON'T PASTE YOUR LOG HERE. Upload it to sendspace.com or uppit.com and send me the link.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-10-01 at 17:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
I need to see your log, not your screenshots.

Why do people NEVER read the first post ENTIRELY?

From the first post:

And DON'T PASTE YOUR LOG HERE. Upload it to sendspace.com or uppit.com and send me the link.
:P
unable to upload file to uppit.com & sendspace.com is unavailable page.. can I paste that LoG here?? thanks..

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
unable to upload file to uppit.com & sendspace.com is unavailable page.. can I paste that LoG here?? thanks..
There are alot of sites that allow you to upload your files.

http://bit.ly/STXo4Y

The Following User Says Thank You to Wreck For This Useful Post:
Well it looks you're using an Internet Service Provider that has EVERYTHING blocked? No wonder you can't register...

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp