Active Topics

Great app. Very useful!
Just some questions: I don't see on how do configure the pause before sending the DTMF tones? In my case it seems the tones are sent to early, so they are not detected correctly. Where are the VICaR settings stored? Is it possible to play the DTMF tones faster?
Thanks

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SF Bay Area, United States
Originally Posted by nokiac View Post
Hi,

This is a cool app. Thanks a lot. I created a rule which says for numbers starting with +44, use access number xxx-yyx-zzzz . But, I also noticed that it creates entries for numbers not starting with +44 , for eg I have lots of local numbers stored which are like 408-xxx-zzzz, and it shows an option to call these with ViCar. Is it possible to make it show the option only for numbers with +44 in the beginning ie international numbers ?
I know this option to disable "Call Via.." for international numbers is possible because it is available in the Skype plugin which also uses Telepathy like Vicar. The skype plugin is closed source. I couldn't figure out how to make it work for Vicar purely using Telepathy.

Maintainer of Markets Today (Yahoo Finance based desktop widget/app)

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SF Bay Area, United States
Originally Posted by alex25 View Post
Great app. Very useful!
Just some questions: I don't see on how do configure the pause before sending the DTMF tones? In my case it seems the tones are sent to early, so they are not detected correctly. Where are the VICaR settings stored? Is it possible to play the DTMF tones faster?
Thanks
On the home screen view you should see an icon for Vicar. Open the application and edit the rule(s) for the numbers you are dialing. In the "Send this tone before dialing:" field, type a "p" without quotes for adding a pause. You can add more than one pause based on how much delay you need before sending the number as a DTMF tone.

Unfortunately it is not possible to send the DTMF tones any faster. Vicar uses standard telepathy function to send these tones and there is not much control beyond sending the number

Originally Posted by scifi.guy View Post
On the home screen view you should see an icon for Vicar. Open the application and edit the rule(s) for the numbers you are dialing. In the "Send this tone before dialing:" field, type a "p" without quotes for adding a pause.
I'm aware of this rules dialog. However I was not able to enter a "p". I found out now I have to press the +-key three times to enter a "p".
Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to alex25 For This Useful Post:
I successfully used the VICar app for several months. Now Nokia had to replace my device because of a hardware failure. So I had to reinstall the app.

The problem is now that the app does not detect the other party (the call router) answering the call. The dial tones are never sent. I found out that the dial tones are sent as soon as I put the call on hold and take it back. So it seems that the initial "answering message" (answering the call) is not catched correctly.

The rest works as expected: Intercepting the original call and dialing the number of the call router.

Anybody else with this problem? Is there a way to debug?
(I use firmware 1.3, same as before)

Originally Posted by alex25 View Post
I successfully used the VICar app for several months. Now Nokia had to replace my device because of a hardware failure. So I had to reinstall the app.

The problem is now that the app does not detect the other party (the call router) answering the call. The dial tones are never sent. I found out that the dial tones are sent as soon as I put the call on hold and take it back. So it seems that the initial "answering message" (answering the call) is not catched correctly.

The rest works as expected: Intercepting the original call and dialing the number of the call router.

Anybody else with this problem? Is there a way to debug?
(I use firmware 1.3, same as before)
Hi Alex,

Vicar daemon monitors for a Dbus signal "AudioConnected" which is generally sent when your call router's automated system picks up your call. Probably this signal is never sent in your case.

For troubleshooting. Launch terminal as user
Code:
$killall vicar-daemon
$/opt/vicar/bin/vicar-daemon > vicar.log&
$dbus-monitor --system > dbuslog.txt
PM me these two log files.