I am looking for a device that can playback unconverted video over Wifi. Basically, it needs to access my Windows Shares and playback my 2 TB+ of video collection without any conversion.

It needs to replace my Nokia N800. I use that mount Windows Share and then playback video files form it. However, the problem is I need converted to scale and change the format of any videos I want to play back. I definitely haven't converted all of my 2 TB+ of Video since it would take way to long and probably another 1-2 TB of disk space.

The features I am looking for simply states is as follow:

1.) Access Windows's share over Wifi Network (802.11n)
2.) Playback variety of video formats (mp4, avi, wmv, etc)
3.) Playback HD (720 at least if not 1080) video (without no need to convert to lower resolution)

So far the only device that is close is the Achros 43. However, it playback 720P and I would prefer to get 1080P for future proofing it more.

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
How about buying some simple Digital Media Player with UPnP Client?

Something like this with wlan.

I have been streaming my 1080p videos from my PC with NETBOX N7000 which has also TV tuner and couple other nice features

Last edited by laasonen; 2011-03-13 at 20:42.

Originally Posted by laasonen View Post
How about buying some simple Digital Media Player with UPnP Client?

Something like this with wlan.

I have been streaming my 1080p videos from my PC with NETBOX N7000 which has also TV tuner and couple other nice features
I am looking for handheld device with an LCD. Like the N800 it is replacing, not a box hooked up with the TV. FYI, I already have full HTPC for that!

What about the galaxy tab 7"? It plays pretty much every media filetype in the book, does 1080p will stream over dlna natively and can access cifs/smb shares with the help of an app on the market. It comes new with a contract but they go for about $350 on ebay. I'm planning to trade my ipad for one.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ayle For This Useful Post:
Check out Archos's latest. I am using an A70 250gb to type this.