Active Topics

Poll: Delet the values from the speedpatch?
Poll Options
Delet the values from the speedpatch?

Posts: 856 | Thanked: 1,681 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Aleppo ,Syria
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Regardless, changes to /etc/pmconfig will be short lived if you are using battery-patch, since it loads it's own configs within the first minute of the system starting up. Since that's a fact, and you can't debate it, you make things up and claim I say things when I don't.
oh god
few pages behind
i haves posted about pmconfig and you have shouted on me because i didn't explained enough
*face palm*

Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
I'm kind of tired of the childish games and lies. It's bad enough that you say/claim things when you don't know what you're doing. Or when you're doing damaging things to other people's devices because you can't be bothered to do proper testing or read documentation about dbus results. But when you actively lie about what someone is saying, and back hand them, when in PM you're asking for help on scripts and how things work? I've known 5 year olds with more common sense and respect for others.
lol
i have actually wanted your suggestion only as you are the one always shouting on my face ! ! ! !

OK I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER ASK YOU ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE
AND IF YOU NOTICED THAT THEIR IS NONE OF THE CODES YOU GAVE ME WHICH I USED !!
NONE
STILL I HAVE IMPROVED THE PATCHES

NOW THIS IS CHILDISH

NOTHING TO SAY MORE . period

//EDIT : I REALLY MEAN I WILL NOT REPLY ANY OF THIS B*LL SH*T AGAIN
WHEN YOU START TO BE EFFECTIVE OR HELPFUL
THEN I WILL COOPERATE

//EDIT 2 : I GO TO SLEEP NOW ! >.<

Last edited by karam; 2012-02-17 at 02:25.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to karam For This Useful Post:
Hi,Karam,
During the upgrade process to BatteryPatch-Testing 4.6,I got following message:
warning: 700000 not supported
warning: 750000 not supported
And I check overclock profile,the max cpu freq is set to 700,not 805. Any reason you set this freq?

P.S. I use KP49 + CSSU.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
Latest speed patch is awesome. I noticed direct improvement in many things, and it can't be a placebo. I've had other versions installed, but this is much better.

thanks

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
The first thing I do when I update your battery patch is to change the max frequency to 850 rather than 700.Because I`m using the 720p drivers when I capture HD video it stutters a lot.With 850 it`s smoother....other than that it`s great!....that`s because at 850 the DSP is overclocked to 600.....smoother operation

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
karam, if you want replies to PM, you should make some space in your PM archive.
Anyway. instead of going a short route, it's a necessary read as complete as that page:
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-pol...erscripts.html

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by karam View Post
@yrannadx

i have never got 10 days without batterypatch
and if you don't like it , then don't use it. it's up to you to decide
i try my best to provide the most needed solutions for N900
(performance, battery life)
It's not only about my personal decision to use or not these patches. Since I am hundred percent convinced that this patch is useless and that I can have 10 days standby without it, then it is my duty to tell other this fact. After all why are we here in this community, if not for helping each other with the usage of our devices and solve other users problems?

The fact that the feedback is already very mixed, would bring me if I would be a developer, a question mark. While experienced contributors clearly are explaining and proving why the patch is useless, other users are claiming battery improvement. It might be that some users don't know how to load for example dsp profile, and for that reason battery patch was helping them. Others might just want to help you with good feedback just because of subjective reasons, reasons which I don't think is appropriate to raise here.

I believe you have good intention while trying to improve the device, but maybe it is time to give up and recognize that, while your patch was useful in the past, now with the new kernels 49 and above, your patch is obsolete. This happens many times in IT industry for many applications, and it is not a shame. It is just normal evolution of the technology.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yrannadx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
i like batterypatch because it gives better battery life and also you dont have to compromise N900's performance. btw can anybody post a picture of their N900 battery-eye in offline mode while in stand by as my phone is consuming battery i dont know why.

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by hugh.jf.chen View Post
Hi,Karam,
During the upgrade process to BatteryPatch-Testing 4.6,I got following message:
warning: 700000 not supported
warning: 750000 not supported
And I check overclock profile,the max cpu freq is set to 700,not 805. Any reason you set this freq?

P.S. I use KP49 + CSSU.
i also have the same problem. i change them manually to match kp49 frequencies.

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
Originally Posted by sophocha View Post
battery patch (except the last version that was stuttering my videos) is a great program....I remember the days where I had to charge my phone every night.Now, it lasts for two days so I`m not anxious to rush to the power cord every single night.....keep up the good work!
i get over 2 days with no patches and stock nokia kernel so what's the plus?

Posts: 856 | Thanked: 1,681 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Aleppo ,Syria
@panjgoori

check the battery-eye screen shot i have posted few pages behind

@ hugh.jf.chen

was this happening with older versions ?Oo

i will check it out

@yrannadx

why updating exists ?
didn't you see the reply of ahmadamaj ?

Tags
autobrick, awesome-script, do no install, f***epitaph, install it now, perfect_ n900, script-a-brick, very safe