Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
So would I.

Nokia did the same thing, BTW. Who do these people think they are? Sending SMS costs money. Making my phone spend my money without my explicit consent is downright criminal, IMO.
So you consider one sms to be a scam funny. While I cuncur, its still funny.

Anyways. Hope All shipped Will ship soon so all community devs can create applications.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-07-28 at 06:46.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Hi guys, today I received my JC. Does anybody know how to activate 4G? For my J1 4G works perfectly but the JC has only 2/3G. In my location Vodafone (Germany) is sending data @800mHz so I think 4G should work... but it doesn't.

Edit: Ahh just read that I am not the only one, seems to be a bug at the moment.

Last edited by KA3AXCTAH; 2016-07-27 at 23:05. Reason: .

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KA3AXCTAH For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Just to wrap the intex SMS thing up a little.
User kat6 over at TJC has accomplished to remove all intex content from his device.
Hi Mosen
Thanks for link,I did all the steps as mentioned in it,
Now everything looks cool

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pankos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by KA3AXCTAH View Post
Hi guys, today I received my JC. Does anybody know how to activate 4G? For my J1 4G works perfectly but the JC has only 2/3G. In my location Vodafone (Germany) is sending data @800mHz so I think 4G should work... but it doesn't.

Edit: Ahh just read that I am not the only one, seems to be a bug at the moment.
yes, i have the same Problem with o2 Germany

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
Hi
I got my Jolla C last week played around with it and after a couple days I thought it was ready for use.
Then I discovered that the microphone isn't working when I make/receive a call, if I switch to speakerphone the other person can hear me.
I also made a reset to factory default, no change.
Anyone else had this issue?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sir_Krokofant For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
No any problem with 4G, it keeps always
PS: Hong Kong

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
Got 4G here in France with SFR netxwork, but reguraly, it looks like it's hard for the phone to switch to 4G, it stay in 3G/H+ for maaaaany maaaany minutes before switching to 4G, weird behaviour
( LTE 800MHz and 1800MHz )

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to clovis86 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by JoOppen View Post
Same here - I tried it but unplayer does not work, gst- fluendo-mp3 (that made unplayer working on Jolla 1) doesn't help.
Well, I checked and it still is GStreamer 1.0 package for SFOS 2.0.2.**, and that's about as much as I know how to process this issue.

Would be great if someone could come up with a solution, because Unplayer is to me and others, the best player.I have very little or no hope for further development though.

Last edited by eson; 2016-08-19 at 14:19.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
Using Jolla C as main phone this week and I'm overall satisfied, serves me well, updated to unreleased 2.0.3.11 and have no issues (at least not known to me
  • Wired headsets -- have bunch of Nokia branded for 1 ear, unfortunatelly they semi-work as Jolla connector is not OMTP, so I switched completely to Plantronics BT M55 headset. BT consumption is minimal and can be safely left "on" whole time (which is not the case with [at least] my N9).
  • Lack of compass -- not so bad as I initially thought as it seems I don't use it at all (have Garmin for car navigation and I don't use phone for navigation).
  • I find GPS pretty fast and *accurate* (ticked everything under "custom/advanced settings"). To be honest, power consumption with this settings as also quite low.
  • Much improved readability under sun compared to Jolla 1. It can't match N9 tho ...
  • Transfer of contacts from Jolla 1 via BT Sync -- semi successfull, most transferred, some not. Anyone know solution similar to N9 export of all contacts into 1 huge VCF file? That's working great.
  • 4G -- I was too fast writing somewhere on TMO that's working for me. Not quite true, depends of location. At work is always 4G, at home almost never. Most of the time 2G, sometimes 3G and if the constellation is right, even 4G for few minutes ...
  • Size and feeling in hands -- great, no complaints (size wise I prefer form of N9, but I "adapted" to 5" devices and Jolla C feels great). No complaint regarding power switch, I actually prefer this location.
  • I absolutelly love red tint of back cover, it just shines in the hands(s), big plus for this.

Mapbagrap (https://www.mapbagrag.com) updated their flip and cover cases selection to include Jolla C variants. I'll wait if Jolla came with customized version, if not, I'll probably create my own

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sponka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Yeaaa... screen protectors for Jolla C ready for delivery!]

http://protectionfilms24.com/product...a&modell=30218

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla c, sailfish os