Active Topics

Holy Mother of God:

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
I'll take one of yours.

yeh i got one of those, its not bad but hey its a weekender car

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Atlanta, GA + Oxford UK
You can keep the other one.

The nose looks like a depressed fish

Originally Posted by HumanPenguin View Post
The nose looks like a depressed fish
Maybe it has a submarine mode.

Warning: TMI and more silliness approaching.

I have one of the Audi concentric dual-clutch gearboxes in my VW. It's the best of both worlds for me. Porsche took a long time implementing their dual-clutch version, and this one must be 2nd or 3rd generation already. I'd probably have to wear a diaper and a condom if I ever got a chance to drive one of these monsters.

I think I have the patience, but if I also had the time and money, I'd like to find and restore a 2300 lbs '72 911S with no sunroof. Maybe drop-in an '89 3.2 and then try to avoid wrapping myself around a tree. California law would allow me to register this without a catalytic converter, so I could then tune it to use 110 leaded racing fuel. At that point, throw in a turbo charger or two, mount some wings, and it might just fly.

The new Audi S4 sedan might just be my daily driver dream car. I've owned the last two generations, but this could be close to a masterpiece. If they were to bring an RS dual-clutch version to the States, I'd have to start living on bread and water down by the river.

Yet another ugly, face-lacking porsche...

For this kind of fun, I'll rather have this:

though for true joy, I'd still have another classic Citroen...

Originally Posted by shapeshifter View Post
Yet another ugly, face-lacking porsche...

though for true joy, I'd still have another classic Citroen...
I can't speak to the Citroen driving experience, but I find calling any Porsche ugly in the same post as mentioning the joy of a Citroen, ironic. Isn't Citroen the French word for ugly?

Ya know, HumanPenguin is spot on with this one. It does look like it's all sad and pouty. Plus, I wouldn't own one anyways. I'm too practical to spend my money on something like that. Not only that, but around here if your car rides low, it's gonna get gutted. Heck, I've got an olds and it's pretty high up, but still almost rides too low for our local Michigan roads.

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
Pretty wicked car I'm sure it will be a beast around the track! But I will take the audi S5 to go please

Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
Pretty wicked car I'm sure it will be a beast around the track! But I will take the audi S5 to go please
That's funny, I park right next to a black one. The owner's my neighbor. Love that car. It's painful though, he smokes inside it. I'm not sure I could do that even if I was a smoker.