What i want to achieve is to use the internet on the n900, using my laptop's lan connection.

i tried by WiFi using an ad-hoc network but on windows 7 it seems to be very buggy and doesn't work anymore after you do it the first time.

can i do it through bluetooth or the usb connection?

i saw that pc suite can make it so that u connect your laptop to the internet using the phone's connection. i want to do it the other way around

any help much appreciated!

Originally Posted by omikron View Post
What i want to achieve is to use the internet on the n900, using my laptop's lan connection.

i tried by WiFi using an ad-hoc network but on windows 7 it seems to be very buggy and doesn't work anymore after you do it the first time.

can i do it through bluetooth or the usb connection?

i saw that pc suite can make it so that u connect your laptop to the internet using the phone's connection. i want to do it the other way around

any help much appreciated!

Dude its really simple on Windows 7 first pair up your phone via Bluetooth once that is paired... Click Start then Devices and Printers your N900 will be there right click your N900 select networking from there you can dial onto the internet... i manged to achieve speeds of 997kilbits per second in my car Dude... BroadBand on the move its awesome ENJOY

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Liberty, SC
DUDE!!!!

read his message!!!!!

He said he can already can attach his laptop to the net through the N900. He is asking to attach his N900 to the net through his laptop's network connection.

Originally Posted by TH3ORY View Post
Dude its really simple on Windows 7 first pair up your phone via Bluetooth once that is paired... Click Start then Devices and Printers your N900 will be there right click your N900 select networking from there you can dial onto the internet... i manged to achieve speeds of 997kilbits per second in my car Dude... BroadBand on the move its awesome ENJOY

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fpbrooks For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fpbrooks View Post
DUDE!!!!

read his message!!!!!

He said he can already can attach his laptop to the net through the N900. He is asking to attach his N900 to the net through his laptop's network connection.
My Bad Dudes i was so happy that i got BroadBand in my car i didn't pay any attention... Any way here is your answer to what you want to achieve hopefully

windows-7-laptop-into-a-wireless-hotspot

I also want to know how to connect n900 to desktop, and use xp's internet.

Originally Posted by truelies1 View Post
I also want to know how to connect n900 to desktop, and use xp's internet.
This is what you are looking for ENJOY

turn-your-laptop-into-a-wireless-hot-spot

i was just trying this and it didnt work. n900 tries to connect but after few seconds it says "network connection error. try again?"
have u tried this? And the op didnt reply to tell it worked for him or not.

Originally Posted by abubakar View Post
i was just trying this and it didnt work. n900 tries to connect but after few seconds it says "network connection error. try again?"
have u tried this? And the op didnt reply to tell it worked for him or not.

same with me, in windows 7 it seems it works the first time, then if you disconnect or restart pc/phone it never works again for some odd reason

Hey guys i manged to track this software down it called Connectify try it and see if it works http://www.techmynd.com/turn-windows...ptop-internet/ ENJOY

Originally Posted by TH3ORY View Post
This is what you are looking for ENJOY

turn-your-laptop-into-a-wireless-hot-spot

this one worked for me but the link to the software in that post is written incorrectly, try this instead:

http://virtualrouter.codeplex.com