A word on availability:
on Nokias page, in the Availability list, Norway isn't listed. But carrier Telenor has gone out and said that they have an exclusive agreement with Nokia, and will be the sole distributor of N9 in Norway. So that indicates that there are loop holes in that availability list.

It also means that N9 will be available through an abusive former monopolist company, so I would still look at parallel import.

The Following User Says Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
Based on?
A guy working at nokia sweden.

Originally Posted by selfish_russian View Post
It's a sweden release date. Could be wrong, and not applicable for other countries.
Plus the Swedish date was estimate and for carrier.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I'm not sure if its true or not.

I guess all countrys get it pretty much at the same time as all prevoius phones like n900.

nokia store could sell it before carriers, but im sure its pretty much the same date.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
as much as I want a hardware keyboard I think I will get an n9. Its the first time I have two choices stick with my n900 or get the n9. I would love the 64gb for all my music on my phone, and the rest of the specs are awesome.

My only question is. There is no U.S. release date ?

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
My wild guess how MrFlop and his Microsoft will kill N9 is that they release an WP7 version of the phone. That means we all have to wait to October even if WP version will not come to sweden(my country for example) at the start...

And as we know we have already seen his "leaked video" My guess is it will also has exact same name and same UI that way no one will ever now the different.

Until in some year when they realise theyr freedom is gone and Microsoft and carriers has full control of the mobile users

Btw. It was also me heard one carrier in sweden said 23 sept but it was a preliminary time they gopt from Nokia, so my guess is this can change...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-06-25 at 14:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbT7-P-i6UY&feature=related

i previously wondered if you can disable the swipe when using games.
Check out the video from 2:50 - 3:00 and you'll see he has to pause it to swipe it off. so looks like apps/games can override the swipe control.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post:
on a sidenote, nokia n9 daily interest on gsmarena.com surpassing 80'000 hits a day.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I'm not sure if its true or not.

I guess all countrys get it pretty much at the same time as all prevoius phones like n900.

nokia store could sell it before carriers, but im sure its pretty much the same date.
True, but the thing is this Swedish carrier is the only one to give the date and even says it's a estimate. I'm not doubting that most of the countries, especially Nordic will get it at same time. I'm doubting that the date is right at all.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Nokia World is in October.
http://nokiagadgets.com/?p=1799
Oh, my mistake.
But I still think that the announcal of the wp will eat away the N9's market.

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????