Not sure if this is the right forum, so apologies if not, but I'm having problems connecting my N900 to an Elisa "kotiboksi" that comes with my Internet/IPTV bundle. The problem is that the box hardware claims to support WSP, but the firmware does not (i.e the WSP connect button is a dummy) - so I cannot connect using WSP, also the UI does not allow the PIN my N900 gives me.

So how can I connect to the WLAN at home, I have the WPA2 PSK, but I cannot seem to be able to enter it anywhere as my N900 insist on using the Wifi Protected Setup to connect to the WLAN.

Any ideas?

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Are you clicking on the status bar then on "Internet Connection"?

You get a lot more options (including PSK) if you run the "Settings" app, then choose "Connectivity". It's a bit sloppy that "Internet Connection" hides the fact that there are more options available.

The other thing that lost me an hour was that I needed to reboot before the N900's WiFi would work. I checked over and over again that I had the identical settings to a working N810 (the "new connection" wizard and the dialogs are identical between the N810 and N900), but it still wouldn't work. Then I rebooted for some other reason, and the WiFi started working.

Regards,
Roger

The Following User Says Thank You to eiffel For This Useful Post:
Thanks, eiffel - I got it working following your instructions