Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by slinkey View Post
hi all,
I've trawled through pages and pages of messages in the hope of not having to bother you all with a question that's been answered but can't find one.
I've tried to install maemo maps but the programme keeps crashing before it installs; i've copied all files onto 32Gb (not memory card) - in fact i've even taken the card out to try to install programme but the application runs for about 2 seconds and then turns itself off (programme, not N900). i've copied the files onto the phone's hard drive via USB but am stumped now as to how to get the programme to work. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.
Hi Slinkey
If you haven't solved the problen yet try this. I had the same problem and discovered that the "Maemo" folder was missing from the "drive" file on the device. When you download the program from the internet it will be saved on your PC under programs/sygic mobile maps
Open the files and go to "drive" where you will find the "maemo" folder. Hook up your Nokia N900 to the PC and go to the "drive" folder. Copy the "maemo" from the PC into the "drive" folder on your device. Restart your device (phone) and it should start properly.

Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
For map lagging; I found these settings seems to work for me:
fps=16.0
antialias=false
PositionFiltering=false

With these the map scrolls smoothly and is pretty accurately positioned.
Hi D-livi
These changes do in fact solve the problem, but you have to tell everybody, where to make the changes. Here an explanation, connect the device to the PC, go to drive/maemo/settings

there you can search for the lines that must to be changed, and save them. It works !!

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Sygic is just following Nokia's footsteps. Don't blame them.

Originally Posted by h_miguel_castro View Post
Hello to all!! i need your help!!!

I´ve download the program , and i put all the files like the tuturial (in the n900 root) and install the .deb file, them restart the phone .
But when i try to start the program after 1 or 2 secons it closes....... i have already reinstaled once again and again.... every times it closes when i try onpen it.... Anyone can help me ... Please!!
You are probably missing the "maemo" file in your "drive" ión the device. Connect your device per USB and open the "drive" file. If you don't see a "maemo" folder that is the problem. Go to your PC and find the Sygic Program under Program/sygic mobile maps/Drive/maemo copy the "maemo" folder and paste it into the "drive" folder on the N900. Restart the phone and the problem should be solved.

Originally Posted by h_miguel_castro View Post
Hello to all!!

There is no one that can help me with my crashing problem after 2 seconds of trying to iniciate the Sygic program??

Please i haven´t no mere ideas!!
Hi Miguel
You are probably having the same problem I had
Connect your phone per USB and mass storage. Open the "drive" file. If you don't see a "maemo" file that is the problem.
The solution...
Go to your main hard disc where the program was downloaded from the internet probably c: and open Program/sygic mobile maps/drive/ and copy the "maemo" file. Paste it in the "drive" folder on your device, restart it and the program should start. By the way, if you try many of the reprogram ideas in this forum and something goes wrong, all the original folders are on your PC as backup.

Last edited by ER444; 2010-04-06 at 21:04.

Originally Posted by dogward View Post
i'm having a problem, which I think is a bug:
when i try to route more than about 50km, i got an error message saying that the waypoints are too far from each other. this renders the software totally useless for me. is thered anything I can do ? thanks
Can it be you have the "walking" setting as in "hiking" set instead of "driving" . That would explain the fact that it is too far ??!! I had this problem with my N95

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
strange that it is working for everyone else, and only for you not.
hmmmm then the readon must be something else and not Sygic MM9..
I wonder what that reason is..
Your web site is fantastic !!! Thanks for all the great tips !!!

My GPS using Sygic still shows that it is 'off' by a few meters, I have used the suggested settings posted by D-livi.

I'll just accept that this is normal.

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ reading, uk
fps=16.0
antialias=false
PositionFiltering=false

just use leafpad then you can change it when your out and about no need for a pc.

But i should say these settings didnt help me product and customer service is rubbish.

Last edited by torres76; 2010-04-07 at 06:50.

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Portugal
Originally Posted by torres76 View Post
fps=16.0
antialias=false
PositionFiltering=false

just use leafpad then you can change it when your out and about no need for a pc.
I just turned to original settings (FPS 8, true , true).
It have a normal usage, with no much error.

Now i've overclocked..dont know if that make the diference!
Anyone overclocked try the original settings of Sygic?

What result?

Regards.