Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Iraq/Baghdad
HELP ME PLZZZZ

Today my N900 falled down and the back cover & the battery are unplugged ,when i tried to reboot it , it doesnt work , just showing the white screen and turns off ...& it keeps restarting this way .
i refalshed it wth the new firmware image ,at 1st i was very happy bcoz the N900 booted again & everything was looking good but there was a HUGE problem : the 455.5 MB is the Total size of device Memory.
when i connect the USB cable there is no action at all .
the file manager is empty ,no N900 device memory !!!!!!!
i cant open the "get started" trailer it said(operation temporarily disabled due to low memory)
the camera too ( not enough memory to open camera)
!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP ME PLZZZZZZ !!!!!!!!!!
I reflashed it twice and no difference .
Attached Images

Last edited by chemist; 2010-06-14 at 08:43.

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Try flashing the eMMC too. It's a separate image you need to download. I assume you've read the wiki so check up on the section that covers eMMC flashing.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news.
But sounds like your EMMC has become dislodged from the mainboard.
Seen a few like this on the Nokia forum.
All showed the same symptoms as a result of being dropped/knocked severely.
You could be looking at a costly repair job, unless you can claim on the household insurance.

EDIT: Just read your post in the other thread. If you didn't drop or give the phone a bad knock then that is some weird memory corruption.

Last edited by stickymick; 2010-06-13 at 21:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
Im with ToJa92, i think he flashed the new firmware without the eMMC.

Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
Try flashing the eMMC too. It's a separate image you need to download. I assume you've read the wiki so check up on the section that covers eMMC flashing.
thanx for replying
but wich one is 1st , flashing the eMMC or flashing the firmware ??

Originally Posted by ahmadamaj View Post
Im with ToJa92, i think he flashed the new firmware without the eMMC.
thanx ahmad but wich one is 1st flashing the firmaware or the eMMC ??

Flash the firmware first. But don't put the -R at the end of the command. The -R switch is to tell the phone to reboot.

Once the O/S/firmware has finished being flashed you should be returned to the command prompt in Flasher. You can now flash the EMMC. This time put the -R switch at the end of the line.

If it fails to flash on this occasion, you could try a third time, but chances are your EMMC is poopsenfartzenshitzen.

A word of warning though. I've heard rumor that Nokia are returning them as "Beyond economical repair", if the EMMC is damaged.

Drop it again and see how little you can get the memory without breaking it.

Warning: do not do what Laughingstok suggests.

Reason: You'd be wasting your time on something too obvious. You'd get to 0 bytes eventually.

In the same boat, accidentally dropped mine the other day and have reflashed it, and am also getting the memory low messages. After going into File Manager N900 doesn't show up and says total memory size is 455.8mb. I guess I'll try flashing the EMMC and see what happens, I was planning on ordering an otterbox this week too