Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
anyone know change the governor can make the ui faster

do it as root

echo "performance" >/sys/devices/platform/kgsl-3d0.0/kgsl/kgsl-3d0/pwrscale/trustzone/governor

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Weird, 85% of poland is covered by LTE already (actually, 85% of populace as most big cities are on, probably not much else). Haven't noticed it sucking battery like crazy (though like mariusmssj noted failback switching could increase the drain), does go fast if you are tethering at the same time, but just browsing/streaming is very similar to what wlan/3g usage does
The problem is that 85% of populace isn't 85% of the country by far. But the mobile operators fulfilled their obligations by reaching that number and stop covering more areas. The same happened with 3G. We have it in the center of cities and towns, but once you leave the center (for industrial or residential areas), you'd fall back to 2G.
So 3G and 4G are fine for stationary use, but not for MOBILE.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
The problem is that 85% of populace isn't 85% of the country by far. But the mobile operators fulfilled their obligations by reaching that number and stop covering more areas. The same happened with 3G. We have it in the center of cities and towns, but once you leave the center (for industrial or residential areas), you'd fall back to 2G.
So 3G and 4G are fine for stationary use, but not for MOBILE.
hmm last time was travelling to the mountains had 3g coverage all the way through, in the actual mountains even 2g was spotty in the valleys, but that is to be expected I guess. then again they probably covered the most main routes

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pagis View Post
@Dave999
yes they said all that, but at the same time they managed to deliver something important as well. Do not forget that there is a hostile environment for newcomers, look at the first Ubuntu mob attempt.

the most important thing is jolla to stay alive, bug fixes and upgrades will come. at the moment I spend €399 to get the device and I cannot afford to get another phone soon.
Yes, the problem is not what jolla delivers and not delivers but how people running toghter jolla, but also how sincere question get met by aggression or ignorance both here and xda as the previous user reported.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-03-15 at 10:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Yes, the problem is not what jolla delivers and not delivers but how people running toghter jolla, but also how sincere question get met by aggression or ignorance both here and xda as the previous user reported.
I think there is too much fragmentation in this area, and this hurts us all, I wish there was a better synergy, admittedly Jolla took an initiative now, and despite the good will, there are some hard facts that they need to balance too.

You might ask a sincere question, but communication media have limitation, how is that sincereness is getting through then? I myself asked questions and in a way were disregarded or that's what I felt. Can the receivers answer all questions with the same patience? Take for example Linus behaviour.

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
since this discussion is going nowhere, a gif to ease the waiting:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
since this discussion is going nowhere, a gif to ease the waiting:
lol, we need to start building up anticipation and excitement, for the release again, for the new week guys ;-)

Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
anyone know change the governor can make the ui faster

do it as root

echo "performance" >/sys/devices/platform/kgsl-3d0.0/kgsl/kgsl-3d0/pwrscale/trustzone/governor
Huh?

10chars

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
At no point was that officially said, it was always "next week", at one point it was early March, that's the only "early" we've had.
Personally doesn't bother me either way, not being an early adopter & all that...
Looking at it all as an outsider, it seems they really need to get this one right, as they've made much about "leaving beta" with this release.
So, I'd rather that they took as long as they needed (with reason ofc), rather than guarantee delivery at x arbitrary date.
The Jolla Facebook page ( unofficial page, but allegedly quoting official sources) stated it.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
The Jolla Facebook page ( unofficial page, but allegedly quoting official sources) stated it.
Yeah, therein lies the problem with all this he_said/she_said...
Plenty of non-offcial sources will gladly put their own perceived spin on things in a moment of nerdgasm.
Quotes that aren't directly from an official source should be taken as fantasy.

Last edited by jalyst; 2014-03-15 at 18:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:

Tags
"soon", "sooner", "when?"