Notices

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
I wouldn't really go for this sort of game but thought I'd buy it to support the developers in the hope that we'll get more games and apps on the N900.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

The Following User Says Thank You to cardiff-blues For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 637 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Viipottaja View Post
thanks. i would think symbian now with its multitouch support, graphics acceleration etc. would be a much more intresesting a platform than maemo/meego given the much bigger volumes with still few high quality games. so hopefully you will change those plans!
There are many factors that influence any company's decision to support a platform or not. Cost of porting due to fragmentation is a significant factor in that, and the actual volume of paying customers is another. Often the number of devices is quoted as the market size, which is of course not the way to do it.

You can say Maemo Store doesn't suffer from fragmentation, and porting was quite straightforward as well

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frand For This Useful Post:
Posts: 68 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chicago
just paid for Zen Bound, but the istaller quits, saying there isn't enough room on the disk. Conky shows 81mb free in the rootfs. How can I make the game install? thanks!

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by Frand View Post
If Qt provides a layer of abstraction for realtime user input (multi-touch events, tilt sensors etc.), and abstracts the system audio and provides a mixer for streaming buffers, abstracts interrupts events and elegantly handles system graphics overlays then it probably would reduce headaches for cross-platform game development. If it doesn't, then porting games to Symbian will be as painful as always.
As far as I know, the answers to these questions are yes.
However, I'm quite new to the world of Qt so you would need an expert's opinion about exactly how.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by jr1415us View Post
just paid for Zen Bound, but the istaller quits, saying there isn't enough room on the disk. Conky shows 81mb free in the rootfs. How can I make the game install? thanks!
Well, I don't really know what I'm taking about since I don't have it yet, but I'm sure it's optified, in which care it cries for space in the 2G partition. How much there?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by jr1415us View Post
Finally the program installed after I removed almost all apps. The odd thing is that there is plenty of free space on my phone before removing them, far more than Zen Bound's file size of 47mb.

I watched the rootfs space in Conky while the Ovi Store download was in progress, and the first two times that I attempted the install all 81mb of rootfs was filled, then the phone threw a warning that I was out of space.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Frand View Post
If Qt provides a layer of abstraction for realtime user input (multi-touch events, tilt sensors etc.), and abstracts the system audio and provides a mixer for streaming buffers, abstracts interrupts events and elegantly handles system graphics overlays then it probably would reduce headaches for cross-platform game development.
That is exactly what Qt (with QtMobility) does QtMobility is fairly fresh, mind you, but on projects that are not already deep in the implementation phase, I would consider giving it a thorough look

EDIT: spelling

Last edited by attila77; 2010-06-20 at 11:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Ok, I am in the list of N900 developer supporter, too... Downloading right now!

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Originally Posted by jurop88 View Post
Ok, I am in the list of N900 developer supporter, too... Downloading right now!
Your late!!!!
I almost finished the bloody game!!!! I want more
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Installed fine on first try for me. Played some levels just to understand gameplay mechanichs... kudos to developers, nice and inspiring sounds indeed! Is the goal to achieve 100% or is 99 the maximum?