I prefer the black background on white text, though.

For me, sealed battery is a deal breaker. I will NOT buy the N9 if it's sealed with anti-consumer thinking. That is the exact reason why I buy no Sony products.

sorry to say, but ( wat a Q)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it will be merged with MeeGo

It's not (yet) certain that it will. Complex site ownership.

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Originally Posted by volt View Post
I prefer the black background on white text, though.

For me, sealed battery is a deal breaker. I will NOT buy the N9 if it's sealed with anti-consumer thinking. That is the exact reason why I buy no Sony products.
can you deny the potential benefits of having a sealed battery though? Takes up less space?

The benefits of having a somewhat slimmer phone with a sealed battery is minute next to the fact that the battery lifetime in practice decides the phone lifetime, thereby diminishing both 1st and 2nd hand value. Apart from all practical solutions it deprives you of, like having a 2nd charged battery ready in your pocket. The only benefits of locking in the battery, belongs to the manufacturer, while the consumer gets all the downsides. And there are many.

If you want a slimmer phone, buy one without all the extra hardware Nokia puts in. That'll unchub it good.

This site will probable be redirected to meego. Which is pretty normal.

Originally Posted by Tiptronic View Post
This site will probable be redirected to meego. Which is pretty normal.
No, control of maemo.org has been/is in the process of being (not sure) handed over to the community with Nemein as the legal owner. See this thread for more details.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Originally Posted by SAABoy View Post
E7 has symbian^3 and will be updatable to symbian^4.
There would be no such thing as "Symbian^4" in the near future, as I understand it.
Nokia has announced that Symbian^3 will just get upgraded all the time and gain new features and functionalities, instead of being upgraded to Symbian^4.
This is Nokia's plan, anyways...

Tags
meego