Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Hi.

Got my N900 and GPRS is busted. I'm covered by Vodafone Romania, and their on-the-site settings look like the settings my old N80 takes, but nothing like the settings my N900 does.

For example, their settings take and IP and port, user/pass and some additional security, something that looks like a PPPoE more than anything.

My N900 only takes a name and a user/pass combo (minus the DHCP/Proxi), PPP-like.

As a result, my N900 seems to not go the GPRS way, which is mighty useful when on the road or in emergencies.

I tried switching back to 2G/GSM thinking that would help (not so).

Can anyone help me understand the difference and can I ever use GPRS/3G again?

Their settings can be found here:
http://setari-telefoane.vodafone.ro/...rvice=postpaid
The page is in Romanian but you should have no trouble as settings are in English.

Thanks,
Ndi

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Looks like they've mixed a lot of different settings together there. You should just need the GPRS access point, username and password from there. The IP/port will be for a proxy server - you can put this in for the browser, but it shouldn't be necessary.

i tried

AP: live.vodafone.com
User: live
Pass: vodafone

I left proxy off (shouldn't matter just to linking)

When i try to connect, the icon for GPRS blinks twice (the two opposing arrows), then a message says that connect failed, do I want to try again.

What could be wrong?

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Kingston-Upon-Hul, UK / Le Mans, FR
Try live for both or vodafone ...

Tried. Nothing.

An error message from the device or a log would be nice