Active Topics

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by luketanti View Post
If I use the old +5V and GND and use the two alternate pins can I still use H.E.N??
yeah might work but it's going to be ugly, you won't be able to charge with usb and no usb mode and if you managed to connect all those pins, it will be hard.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
If I use the old +5V and GND and use the two alternate pins can I still use H.E.N??
From the pads under the battery?.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Balzan Malta
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
From the pads under the battery?.
I use the 5v from near the usb port and the data pins from near the battery.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
yeah might work but it's going to be ugly, you won't be able to charge with usb and no usb mode and if you managed to connect all those pins, it will be hard.
It is the most rediculous modification i have ever seen in my life unless you got the proper made for the job programmer that fits the battery slot.

For the sake of putting a new or even re-solder the old usb port it is not worth the rediculous problems you will encur with hen.

Sorry but i have to say this as i am too old in the tooth to mess about.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Yes for sure because we do not use the leaded solder any more, we use lead free that requires high heat and yes you have to be an expert to work on smd boards that are multi layered.

I never use a soldering iron to de-solder, instead i use hot air.
yes i know that but can't really expect an average person to have access to those. Price wise it's too costly to invest. I would love to have them lol but can't afford, i got to fix my car. My dizzy gone bad and trying diagnosing the faults right now. i kinda know this and that lol, i'm a fast learner and always interested in learning new things. i am my own car and cousins, friends mechanics. But also a gardener with green finger, also a great cook :P and DIY kind of guy. Basically i'm all rounder.

Well anything possible just bare in mind that do it at your own risk we are ot going to be responsible for any damage that may have caused after your experiments. We are to give you advice but not solutions

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
yes i know that but can't really expect an average person to have access to those. Price wise it's too costly to invest. I would love to have them lol but can't afford, i got to fix my car. My dizzy gone bad and trying diagnosing the faults right now. i kinda know this and that lol, i'm a fast learner and always interested in learning new things. i am my own car and cousins, friends mechanics. But also a gardener with green finger, also a great cook :P and DIY kind of guy. Basically i'm all rounder.
Good on ya you will make your wife very proud of you hehehehe but really you can actually do this with a soldering iron as long as the tip is as described by you and care is taken !.

Good on ya you will make your wife very proud of you hehehehe but really you can actually do this with a soldering iron as long as the tip is as described by you and care is taken !.
Yes it is can be done, i'm using it on mine
It requires patience and persistance, otherwise it will be an epic failure. After a while your hands will start to shake and your eyes turns red because you need to focus. But if you're good with soldering work then it shouldn't be impossible to be done. :P

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Balzan Malta
OK I am doing it right now. I just need to solder the port in place and start testing. Hope it works.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luketanti For This Useful Post:
OK I am doing it right now. I just need to solder the port in place and start testing. Hope it works.
Please post us the results as we all want it to work ok.

Tags
test points, usb port