Hi All,

I had an N770, but it crapped out on me, so I returned it, while still under warranty. Nokia, however, is out of N770s, so they sent me an N800 instead. Groovy, right?

The issue is that the N800 is a refurb. I've tried connecting to several networks - open, with WEP and with WPA encoding. I've *been* connected, had an IP address, etc., however there has been no data transmission. Under OS2007, my status icon kept flashing red/green.

I figured there must be some kind of issue with the software, so I flashed OS2008 (newest version), only to discover that I'm having the same problem. I'm pulling an IP address, but no packets are being sent or received.

To make matters worse, it looks like the N800 is *not* under warranty - I'll end up phoning Nokia on Monday to see what they can do, but I'm not sure how willing they'd be to help me. I bought my N770 on June 25, 2007, so I should actually have 10 days left of my original warranty, but I don't know if Nokia would honour that.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Robbie

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
If they sent you a refurb they are stiil responsible for its working correctly. Further, I think the warrantee period should start over. Otherwise, they could deliberately send you one dud after another till the clock ran out.