Notices

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Finland
I released a new package version. There are no code changes. Quoting the changelog:
* Added XB-Maemo-Display-Name to debian/control
* Changed the application manager icon size to 48x48
* Added backup configuration file
* Changed the package description
Hopefully this could be the version that I can promote to testing. Now all the features from the Diablo version should be there except for a few minor things which are not relevant to Fremantle. I'd like to go on with other things.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jlu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Jyväskylä, Finland
Tested new version and only thing is that icon after installation is still missing.

Documentation says that "gtk-update-icon-cache /usr/share/icons/hicolor" should be run in postinst script.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...ebian_Packages

edit:

Noticed also that it's not possible to use file choose dialog to open original database in '/home/user/' when I opened old database from mmc1. (And it seems that mikkov already mentioned it in this thread). And the more standard path for database is probably: '/home/user/.fuelpad/fuelpad.db' . So maybe hiding open database button is a good idea.

edit2: removed backup stuff as it altready seems to be included.

Last edited by mve; 2009-11-24 at 06:15.

Originally Posted by mve View Post
Tested new version and only thing is that icon after installation is still missing.

Documentation says that "gtk-update-icon-cache /usr/share/icons/hicolor" should be run in postinst script.
I have always had that in the postinst script. I wonder what's the problem then. At least it wasn't the 48x48 icons that were missing before.

Noticed also that it's not possible to use file choose dialog to open original database in '/home/user/' when I opened old database from mmc1. (And it seems that mikkov already mentioned it in this thread). And the more standard path for database is probably: '/home/user/.fuelpad/fuelpad.db' . So maybe hiding open database button is a good idea.
Yes, I thought it could be problematic. The thing that had to be done was to move the database out of MyDocs since an open sqlite3 database will be corrupted 100% sure if the partition will be unmounted. Maybe the approach mikkov suggested earlier (possibility to "export" and "import" the database file to/from MyDocs) could be used.

Seems that the little things still left would be best solved with a device of my own. Sigh...

Originally Posted by jlu View Post
I have always had that in the postinst script. I wonder what's the problem then. At least it wasn't the 48x48 icons that were missing before.
Ok. I don't know whats the problem could be then.

Yes, I thought it could be problematic. The thing that had to be done was to move the database out of MyDocs since an open sqlite3 database will be corrupted 100% sure if the partition will be unmounted. Maybe the approach mikkov suggested earlier (possibility to "export" and "import" the database file to/from MyDocs) could be used.

Seems that the little things still left would be best solved with a device of my own. Sigh...
Using Import would most probably be best for the ordinary user to import old database in the new device.

To get the loaner device you should put your name in that wiki page mentioned in this thread earlier. If I remember correctly Quim mentioned in some thread that Nokia is working on that list. Fuelpad is so good already that you should have one for you.

Using Import would most probably be best for the ordinary user to import old database in the new device.
I agree. The import facility could be used to import either fuelpad database or csv files. In case of a fuelpad database, the user needn't to specify anything (the columns etc.). The imported database would be merged with the "master" database file which would always be located in /home/user/.fuelpad/fuelpad.db. The export facility could export the database either as a csv file or as a fuelpad database (in its native sqlite3 format). How does that sound?

I think that changing the import/export functionality this much will have to be made into a new version (possibility of bugs and need for testing). For the current 0.82 version for Fremantle I'll have to think of a simple solution. The simplest would be removing the database open button. The old N810/N800 users could be then instructed to copy the database by hand to the right location. The new users needn't to know anything about the location of the database.

The Following User Says Thank You to jlu For This Useful Post:
I agree. The import facility could be used to import either fuelpad database or csv files. In case of a fuelpad database, the user needn't to specify anything (the columns etc.). The imported database would be merged with the "master" database file which would always be located in /home/user/.fuelpad/fuelpad.db. The export facility could export the database either as a csv file or as a fuelpad database (in its native sqlite3 format). How does that sound?

I think that changing the import/export functionality this much will have to be made into a new version (possibility of bugs and need for testing). For the current 0.82 version for Fremantle I'll have to think of a simple solution. The simplest would be removing the database open button. The old N810/N800 users could be then instructed to copy the database by hand to the right location. The new users needn't to know anything about the location of the database.
I think that this would be the best way to go.

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Silicon Valley
...For the current 0.82 version for Fremantle I'll have to think of a simple solution. The simplest would be removing the database open button. The old N810/N800 users could be then instructed to copy the database by hand to the right location. The new users needn't to know anything about the location of the database.
First of all and most importantly, thank you for sharing FuelPad with us!!!

Maybe I'm still missing something, but where is the "right location" to copy my large FuelPad DB from my N810 to on the N900. Can you also give me a hint where I can find the FuelPad SQLlite DB file? (I'm not seeing it in all the .* files in the home dir)

Or is an export from the N810 -> import into N900 the only way at this time?

Thank you!

Last edited by speednut; 2009-12-15 at 05:39.

Originally Posted by speednut View Post
First of all and most importantly, thank you for sharing FuelPad with us!!!

Maybe I'm still missing something, but where is the "right location" to copy my large FuelPad DB from my N810 to on the N900. Can you also give me a hint where I can find the FuelPad SQLlite DB file? (I'm not seeing it in all the .* files in the home dir)

Or is an export from the N810 -> import into N900 the only way at this time?

Thank you!
Sorry for taking this long to answer, I haven't lurked around here for a while.

The default location on Fremantle since package version 0.82-fremantle4 is /home/user. Before that and on Diablo the default database location was /home/user/MyDocs (which is the root directory seen in the file manager at least on Diablo).

Export from N810 and import into N900 is not suggested since you won't get information about your cars and drivers and you must export/import a car at a time.

The Following User Says Thank You to jlu For This Useful Post:
The default location on Fremantle since package version 0.82-fremantle4 is /home/user. Before that and on Diablo the default database location was /home/user/MyDocs (which is the root directory seen in the file manager at least on Diablo)
Btw. if gconftool-2 is available on N900, you can check the database location with

Code:
gconftool-2 -g /apps/fuelpad/database

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Sorry for taking this long to answer, I haven't lurked around here for a while.

The default location on Fremantle since package version 0.82-fremantle4 is /home/user. Before that and on Diablo the default database location was /home/user/MyDocs (which is the root directory seen in the file manager at least on Diablo).

Export from N810 and import into N900 is not suggested since you won't get information about your cars and drivers and you must export/import a car at a time.

Hi,

Thanks for continuing supporting this application. I find it great.

What I've done as a small workaround, in order to have all my entries for the last couple of years, was to:
1. modify all settings on the N900 version to be equal to what I have on my N800.
2. Export the db from my N800 in a csv file.
3. Copy the csv file on my N900.
4. Import the file in N900's fuelpad.

I have only one driver and car and this was the only way which was successful. Previously I've tried to copy and replace the fuelpad.db file but it didn't work.

Hope it helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post: