Active Topics

After a year of faithful use (and very much enjoying this community) I am moving on from my N9.

However... I notice the USB port is becoming flaky. The phone only charges 100% reliably with the original USB charger and cable. Before I sell it I would like to put in a new USB port. I live in NY and would like to either:

a) purchase and install a new port but I am not sure which one to order and from where (I tried ordering from places in the UK and Scandinavia that I found on these forums but I kept having empty cart or navigation issues), or

b) get the USB port replaced through a service.

I suppose I could sell it as-is but I'd feel better selling the phone rock solid. Other than a squeaky case (when hitting the volume button) the phone has been great, stable, functional, reliable, just a little long for some attention from Nokia.

It's hard to justify having two phones (N9 and Lumia 900 - hiss!) but with three kids under the age of 5 and all the associated blah blahs, one has got to go.

Any suggestions where to get the part or repair in NY (or in the US in general)? Thank you!

Last edited by N9WB; 2013-03-08 at 02:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to N9WB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, Espaņa
All Nokia handsets come with a 2 year warranty. If you are not sure when you purchased it, use Nokia's warranty checker;

http://www.nokia.com/us-en/support/t...arranty-check/

If your N9 is under warranty, you might possibly get it fixed for nothing or they may want to charge you, worth checking though.

Or, if you are a dab-hand with a fine tip soldering iron;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Conector-Con...item35bfba1f70

Hope this helps.

Mark

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
Is it just charging problems or do you have mass-storage mode issues with the USB connection? Like disconnects, failed copy or read operations, etc?. It's well-known that the N9 follows to the letter the USB-charging specification that demands some resistors on the cable or charger, and this standard is not applied by Apple and therefore by 90% of all chargers and cables. Hence the feeling that the N9 does not charge properly unless used with the original cable and charger.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tigas For This Useful Post:

Tags
buy usb port, n9 for sale, repair center, repair usb port