Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
More s h i t on NOKIA N9.....sad...muy sad

http://blog.gsmarena.com/nokia-n9-fw...res-the-proof/

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
No video calling?!

LOL!
If you wanna REALLY want to see MILF:s go get a windows phone instead. I am sure WP will support video calls...

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
As I recall there was def. always a slate planned...
I think the N950 was to be roughly Dec. & the N9 Q2-ish? (my mem's fuzzy)
But I don't think the fact that it was always due out a bit later than the N950 is much of an excuse personally
having a release date target of Q2 cut short to Q4 is a hell of a task.
on projects i've worked on we had our planning and workload set with a tight deadline. we had it knocked short by 2months due to unforeseen circumstances and because of this it wasn't up to scratch. we had to focus on core tasks and anything that was deemed small risk had to be pushed back in the queue. on the product rollout with the software and hardware did as it was intended but had bugs and features that were planned weren't implemented. but by our original deadline we had it as originally planned. Changing a date on a product release to an earlier one is a massive pain in the hole and given that the original deadlines are nearly always set to be tight it's even worse.

again this may not be the case but it holds as much weight as the other theories and perspectives.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
If you wanna REALLY want to see MILF:s go get a windows phone instead. I am sure WP will support video calls...
Why should I? The N900 already supports Video Calling

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Do WP videocall support MILF:s?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
Do WP videocall support MILF:s?
Only if they happen to be Mike's mom.

*runs*

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
This beauty arrive today!
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/80/nokian9.jpg/

Last edited by Transcend; 2011-10-10 at 22:31.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Transcend For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Still waiting for Qt Components to merge across the two platforms. :/ It baffles me why they ever thought it would be a good idea to have separate components. Completely unnecessary fragmentation that undermines the whole 'code once, deploy everywhere' mantra.
if you take a closer look at it theyr not that different. the share same git repository too. and i think they have to differentiate cause of different ui. I dont see that as a big issue. it waz WAY worse when n900 used gtk+ and symbian its own crap sdk. now all share core stuff.

omg I actually realisd i am writting this message on n9 bit slow but vkb is awesome as vkbd

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
More s h i t on NOKIA N9.....sad...muy sad

http://blog.gsmarena.com/nokia-n9-fw...res-the-proof/
Since when was that news, known for ages...

Yep it's Pentile AMOLED (what Samsung calls Super AMOLED*) + Nokia's CBD tech.
Unfortunately it's not Super AMOLED "Plus"...
So only 8x RG-BG-RG-BG sub-pixels, Vs SAMOLED+'s 12x RGB-RGB-RGB-RGB.
So 50% more sub-pixels, as Samsung likes to boast!
But this only matters for some warmer colours, they're sometimes a tiny bit more grainy/pixelated.
And some text, particularly very small text....
But at the pixel level the N9 does have about 15% more density, plus Nokia's CBD brings some improvements.

Worthwhile reading the 1st 6-posts (and links) here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=74802&page=8

It's also brighter than the SGSII's, one person's anecdotal claims:
What distinguish the nokia amoled is its brightness as compared to the samsung sets.
The store I was in was pretty well lit by the sunlight and even after dialing the brightness to half it was still very good.
My superamoled was washed out by comparison.
Jakimans comparo....
http://shootspeak.com/2011/10/08/scr...ung-galaxy-s2/

One issue is that adjustment of brightness isn't quite as granular as the SGSII.
So one can't get it just a tad brighter w/o reaching the pink tinge issue** at top brightness.
But hopefully that will be rectified with a hack...

It's a shame they couldn't have gone with SAMOLED+, & kept the res. at approx. 854x480.
That would've made the N9 better than many phones out now, except for beast phones on the way.
I hope they upgrade the panel later, but now that they've thrown all their chips in with MS.
I doubt that the N9 will ever get any hw refreshes, even very minor ones...

*the sub-pixel config. is exactly the same, but it may be more than a marketing name
**not confirmed if that's a wide-spread issue yet.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-10-12 at 12:24.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
if you take a closer look at it theyr not that different. the share same git repository too. and i think they have to differentiate cause of different ui. I dont see that as a big issue. it waz WAY worse when n900 used gtk+ and symbian its own crap sdk. now all share core stuff.
I use them every day, so I like to think that I know what I'm talking about. There is no need for the differentiation when working at such a high level. That's the whole point of it, to abstract away the differences in low-level APIs. Of course the low-level code will be different, but the declarative components can, and should, be the same. The bigger problem is that there are many basic features in Symbian that don't work unless you resort to native Symbian C++ code. You can't even use the hardware volume keys in Qt.

Come back when you've tried developing some Qt applications for Meego-Harmattan, Freemantle and Symbian.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????