Notices

hi all,

I have recently changed my theme to ' iStyle light ladypink ',
however, even when im no longer using the default blue theme,
everytime i single press the power bottom the see the lock screen,
i see that the background is still that of the blue default theme.

anyway to change that?

thanks

please help, i can get access to the 'lockslider.png' via GPE filemanager, but i was unable to delete or over paste it with the image i like.

what should i do?

thanks

i just checked all the 'lockslider.png' in all themes, and they are all of the same one that came from the default blue theme !!!

what the fxxk is going on there?

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
It's possible that the theme isn't complete, or you haven't done a reboot yet. (Try that first if you haven't already.)

The reason why you can't edit anything using GPEFM, is because the file is most likely "root-locked," meaning you have to be root to change it.

Either just use the terminal as root to change the file, (be careful, mistakes could lead to a reflash), or if you really need to use the file manager, find out what the command is to run GPE File Manager from the terminal, and append sudo before that command. (Be especially careful when using GUI File Managers as root. Mis-clicks are much easier than typos.)
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

The Following User Says Thank You to xomm For This Useful Post:
hi, thanks for your reply.

i have done a reboot, nothing changed unfortunately.

i just realized that, its not just the default blue lock screen background, but also the other red default theme.

if im not making much sense, i mean :

Everytime i change a new theme (made by developers in this community, the lock screen of that theme will be the lock screen of the previous theme, but that only applies to the two default theme that came with the phone.

so that kinda lead me to believe that the two default themes are the only ones that actually has a lockscreen background, hence why i always get the those two backgrounds no matter what theme i use....

but i suppose i can edit those backgrounds that came along with the default themes?

how can i do that? i mean i managed to send the orignial 'lockscreen.png' file to my computer, but when i finish editing, where do i send it back to?

thats the main problem..i have no idea how i can access that the system files of n900 via computer...for some reason ssh servers doesnt seem to be working...probably because im using a school network =(

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
If you can get CuteExplorer, it's a pretty nice way to view the underlying filesystem.

It's in extras-devel, so there might be some stability/usability issues, (although I haven't encountered any yet.)
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Florence, Italy
Originally Posted by das_schlumpfie View Post
hi, thanks for your reply.

i have done a reboot, nothing changed unfortunately.

i just realized that, its not just the default blue lock screen background, but also the other red default theme.

if im not making much sense, i mean :

Everytime i change a new theme (made by developers in this community, the lock screen of that theme will be the lock screen of the previous theme, but that only applies to the two default theme that came with the phone.

so that kinda lead me to believe that the two default themes are the only ones that actually has a lockscreen background, hence why i always get the those two backgrounds no matter what theme i use....

but i suppose i can edit those backgrounds that came along with the default themes?

how can i do that? i mean i managed to send the orignial 'lockscreen.png' file to my computer, but when i finish editing, where do i send it back to?

thats the main problem..i have no idea how i can access that the system files of n900 via computer...for some reason ssh servers doesnt seem to be working...probably because im using a school network =(
i can assure you that any theme installed will and does change the lockslider.png ......Every theme I have has a pertaining lockscreen different to the default Nokia one.
I, however, change my theme files, if I prefer certain elements from different themes, by WinScp(windows) or Cyberduck (Mac).

hi thanks for your reply.

Smooth-op would you mind giving me a short step by step guide as to how i can retrieve those files onto my computer, and put it back into the n900 after i finish editing?

or could it be just my n900? because im using an overclocked kernel, could that be why im having this bug?

thanks

Actually i have owned N900 since mid December and changed theme countless of times and only time i have seen lock screen backround change have been the default Nokia themes..

so they should all be a blank background right?

but how come all my themes have the same nokia default blue background....apps clashes perhaps?

this is so annoying...

anyway cheers for your reply