Notices

i just paid for and downloaded mm10 for my n900,unzipped it,removed memory card,connected 900 for mass storage mode and dragged over the unzipped folder into the .documents folder on the 900.
located setup and all installs no problem at all.
but when i go to open mm10 it begins to open for a second and then just closes.tried a reboot and an uninstall/reinstall but same thing.
i need to use this in 2 hours time!!

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by stew-b View Post
i just paid for and downloaded mm10 for my n900,unzipped it,removed memory card,connected 900 for mass storage mode and dragged over the unzipped folder into the .documents folder on the 900.
located setup and all installs no problem at all.
but when i go to open mm10 it begins to open for a second and then just closes.tried a reboot and an uninstall/reinstall but same thing.
i need to use this in 2 hours time!!
You need to extract the zip, not just drag it onto the mass storage of N900.

Edit: oops.. my bad, you already did that.

Edit #2: don't place the contents of the zip file to the .documents -folder. It must be extracted to the ROOT of the mass storage (the root folder when you connect the phone in Mass Storage -mode).

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

yeah i think thats what im doing wrong but i cant see a root file?!?!

first time i tried it i right clicked the folder and sent to n900,that crashed straightaway too when opening the installed app.

Last edited by stew-b; 2010-09-15 at 10:22.

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by stew-b View Post
yeah i think thats what im doing wrong but i cant see a root file?!?!

first time i tried it i right clicked the folder and sent to n900,that crashed straightaway too when opening the installed app.
If you open your "my computer" (or what ever OS you are using with computer) and just navigate to the N900 you are in the root of mass storage. Don't go inside .documents or anything else. Just paste the contents of zip-file there and then run the installer (.deb) @ your phone.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

hmm thats exactly what i did the first time i tried it...it all installs fine but closes a second after you open it??

edit just tried it a third time and still the same...i need another option here..?

Last edited by stew-b; 2010-09-15 at 11:36.

The contents of the unzipped folder (Drive, Manuals, Maps, Res) should be in /home/user/MyDocs. This is the root of the drive that appears when you connect N900 in mass storage mode.
When done, you'll have
/home/user/MyDocs/Drive
/home/user/MyDocs/Manuals
/home/user/MyDocs/Maps
/home/user/MyDocs/Res
/home/user/MyDocs/SetupMobileMaps.deb

Per your description in your first post, you moved the folder SetupSMM_Maemo_Europe (or whatever version you bought) into /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/

So you then had:
/home/user/MyDocs/.documents/SetupSMM_Maemo_Europe/Drive
/home/user/MyDocs/.documents/SetupSMM_Maemo_Europe/Manuals
/home/user/MyDocs/.documents/SetupSMM_Maemo_Europe/Maps
/home/user/MyDocs/.documents/SetupSMM_Maemo_Europe/Res
/home/user/MyDocs/.documents/SetupSMM_Maemo_Europe/SetupMobileMaps.deb

Or when viewed with the N900 filemanager, the /home/user/MyDocs part would be N900/, and /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/ would by N900/Documents...

ok so how do i check on my 900 where they have actually been put?
thanks
noob type instructions please lol

Open X-terminal
GIve these commands:
ls /home/user/MyDocs
ls /home/user/MyDocs/.documents

This lists the contents of those two directories. You can mark text in x-terminal by swiping across it, and then select copy from the x-terminal titlebar menu popup. If it scrolls instead of marking text, there will be a Pointer icon in the bottom shortcut row to tap in order to switch from scroll to marking text...

Or, you could open file manager, tap N900, and check whether you see Drive, Maps, Res folders.

The Following User Says Thank You to shadowjk For This Useful Post:
it shows setupSMM maemo europe as being in the first direcory...

Hmm where to get the ZIP File ?

I bought Mobilemaps 9 three month ago but didn`t receive a mail from cygic related to an upgrade. Just one mail some weeks ago that they will provide further infos soon.

If I install v10 from the repository It just dont work because it`s just the executable (2MB) without any data. If I click the icon it starts and closes 1sec later without an error.

pls help.

Sygic itself doesn`t respond to my support emails