Active Topics

Poll: Will you buy the Jolla phone?
Poll Options
Will you buy the Jolla phone?

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
They added some countries to the 100 € option... ordered one

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
For those in EU who wanted to to get the 100€ package but they couldn't... now they can!
@JollaHQ

Due to demand, we're opening up the 100€ package to all EU countries, Switzerland & Norway. Join now if you haven't!

The Following User Says Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by minimos View Post
For those in EU who wanted to to get the 100€ package but they couldn't... now they can!
Hmm, thats seems bad. It seems they did not sell well in those countrys were they were avaible already?

I have think about go 100EUR before but to lazy to cancel my 40EUR option.

Don't know what the hell I thinked when did go for 40EUR option.

With all the hype I rethink and want the Other Half too.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-05-28 at 17:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Reading through the last few pages of this thread, it is clear that different people are using their smartphones in different ways, so the Jolla phone had better be flexible above all else. This means having the right hardware first of all.

But the buying decision is all about what options are available to the particular buyer. This means that powerful competitors must be outperformed in some meaningful way. Staying objective, this is a near-impossible task. I've had the pleasure of using my N9, Z10, and my latest HTC One as my daily driver phones, and let me tell you that the competition is absolutely brutal for both niche markets and the broad consumer market. Brutal. Figuring out which consumers would select Jolla phone over the current flagships, to say nothing of the flagships that will be out late this year, is a true puzzle.

"Jolla is unlike" is a great catch phrase, but it reminds me of the strategic error Elop made with selecting WinPho. He was so focused on differentiation that he neglected delight. Making something different, that's also worse, is no solution at all. You have to make the most delightful product possible. How can Jolla out-delight the competition with lower hardware and substantially less software? A removable back cover? A snappy UI?

We'll have to wait until we see the real Jolla phone to know just how delightful it'll be.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 192 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Austin, Tx
they look pretty good, but I will have to wait and see

The Following User Says Thank You to captainofiron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Jolla is a movement. Join the tribe!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Just decided to go for 100EUR option, and cancel 40EUR order when done, but ofcourse i ****ed up payment, so now it freezed

****ing hate CARD payment it's 2013 for got sake. There must be better payment method than crappy VISA cards etc

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
I just payed via paypal

The Following User Says Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
Reading through the last few pages of this thread, it is clear that different people are using their smartphones in different ways, so the Jolla phone had better be flexible above all else. This means having the right hardware first of all.

But the buying decision is all about what options are available to the particular buyer. This means that powerful competitors must be outperformed in some meaningful way. Staying objective, this is a near-impossible task. I've had the pleasure of using my N9, Z10, and my latest HTC One as my daily driver phones, and let me tell you that the competition is absolutely brutal for both niche markets and the broad consumer market. Brutal. Figuring out which consumers would select Jolla phone over the current flagships, to say nothing of the flagships that will be out late this year, is a true puzzle.

"Jolla is unlike" is a great catch phrase, but it reminds me of the strategic error Elop made with selecting WinPho. He was so focused on differentiation that he neglected delight. Making something different, that's also worse, is no solution at all. You have to make the most delightful product possible. How can Jolla out-delight the competition with lower hardware and substantially less software? A removable back cover? A snappy UI?

We'll have to wait until we see the real Jolla phone to know just how delightful it'll be.
Elop is an payed Microsoft idiot without ideas and visions.

Don't compare idiots with professional engineers who has a true vision. I belive in Jolla because theyr my type. They beleive in changes, exacly like me. They fight, exacly like me, They'r linux geeks like me.

Thats why I beleive in them way more than trolls like Elop opr other big companys wheer ideas has stopped because money has got over theyr heads.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-05-28 at 17:46.

Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
I just payed via paypal
Yeah right? paypal you STILL have to give out your visa or bankaccount and send ID to paypal to verify. In my case I just use my banks "virtual Visa". atleast little safer than going to give out my real Visa to some American company.

But better solution would be something like bitcoin. Just send the damn KEY no more info needed. Atleast this SHOULD be thje way to pay online. But I realise that is not possible until 2050.

Tags
fanboy, gy_wp_sy, jolla, jolla phone, theoclueless, theotool