Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
AFAIK, kernel-power is more up to date, if such a term is even appropriate.
I do not remember the last time kernel-cssu was updated.
AFAIK, CSSU-Thumb has its own kernel which includes workarounds for SoC erratas (bugs). Without this kernel, Thumb would not be possible on the N900. The bog standard kernel-power from Extras is not built for Thumb. Any Thumb compiled binaries would be incompatible with that kernel so I'd advise against installing it. Seems I was wrong, see tmi's post below. I guess that means that if you're not on CSSU-Thumb but have kernel-power installed, you can still use Thumb binaries and take advantage of their benefits.

The following point is also relevant to the current discussion:

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
The first errata(430973) is workaroundеd in kernel, CSSU-thumb repo contains a special kernel (kernel-cssu) based on top of kernel-power 51r1 which workarounds the issue.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

Last edited by wicket; 2016-04-03 at 03:42.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
AFAIK, CSSU-Thumb has its own kernel which includes workarounds for SoC erratas (bugs).
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84829

If you have kernel-power v51r1 or above, no custom kernel will be installed, as needed errata workaround is included in kernel-power v51r1 (and above)
If there are problems, at least I don't recall encountering any. Then again, my use of the device has been on the occasional side lately.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tmi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
I'm always using KP with thumb

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
I have compiled latest u-boot-20013.04-02 with attached kernel-2.6.28.10-cssu3 if somebody need an readymade flashable image - PM me.

Last edited by explit; 2016-04-17 at 13:43.

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Hello everyone. Its been a long time since i made a post here. Few days ago i started using my N900 again. Now i need rotation lock applet and im not able to find it in Repos. Can you please tell me its name and from where i can get it ? Thank you.

How it's related to Thumb? Anyway it's: status-area-orientationlock-applet

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by elros34 View Post
How it's related to Thumb? Anyway it's: status-area-orientationlock-applet
thanks for the link. My phone is running Thumb thats why i asked here. Sorry

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Hamburg
Hi,
I might ask something that has been answered in this thread somewhere so I apologize in advanced if I read over something.
My phone has been on Kernel Power for almost three years now. So I thought its time to look for some more juice. One was to increase the oc from 800 to 900. The other to install thumb.

My questions are:
  1. After first reboot I was not asked for the pin of my sim. The screen was locked into portrait mode and it was zoomed to like 80%. I did a reboot and everything was normal again. Is this expected?
  2. When accessing the filemanger no files where shown. Only Bluetooth. I played around with the phone for a while. Using the terminal all the files were still present. After closing the terminal and restarting the file manager all the folders were there again. Again is this normal?
  3. Is it possible to remove the new battery ICON? I have another program installed for this (advanced power / advanced power monitor). I like the icon better and that it shows the time in minutes. Or is it better to remove advanced power to avoid any conflicts?

Thanks for the effort and letting me use my N900 for even longer!

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by sirvival View Post
Hi,
I might ask something that has been answered in this thread somewhere so I apologize in advanced if I read over something.
My phone has been on Kernel Power for almost three years now. So I thought its time to look for some more juice. One was to increase the oc from 800 to 900. The other to install thumb.

My questions are:
[*]After first reboot I was not asked for the pin of my sim. The screen was locked into portrait mode and it was zoomed to like 80%. I did a reboot and everything was normal again. Is this expected?
Yes, it happens sometimes no matter -thumb or not.

[*]When accessing the filemanger no files where shown. Only Bluetooth. I played around with the phone for a while. Using the terminal all the files were still present. After closing the terminal and restarting the file manager all the folders were there again. Again is this normal?
Yes, filesystems are checked on boot and it takes time.

[*]Is it possible to remove the new battery ICON? I have another program installed for this (advanced power / advanced power monitor). I like the icon better and that it shows the time in minutes. Or is it better to remove advanced power to avoid any conflicts?
You'd better remove "advanced power", anyway the information it gives is incorrect.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 46 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Hamburg
Ok thanks.
I removed advance power but now I do not have any battery indicator in the top bar any more. How do I add it back?
EDIT: after a reboot the icon is back. Sounds reasonable.

Another thing that is strange is that rotation of the screen is now active when on the desktop or in the application switcher. It used to be application only. I have CSSU Feature installed. I tried with changing the setting in the Rotation part. But nothing seems to have an effect. Its quite annoying since in portrait mode everything is cramped to the small width.

EDIT2:
Sorry for the many edits.
After the reboot I have a high load on the device.
First:
fsk -aw /dev/mmcblk0p1
After that:
/usr/lib/tracker/trackerd
and finaly:
/usr/libexex/hildon-thumnailerd
Till fsk was finished I my folders were empty again.
Did something break with the filesystem? Do I have a corruption?
The phone works fine otherwise not crashes etc so far.

Last edited by sirvival; 2016-12-04 at 23:40. Reason: confused something (advanced power) / question / revert question

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life