Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
regarding the (double)tap_to_unlock thing:
I suggest to implement this separately in a generic way to have a system wide gesture detection daemon that has
-- configurable *attention*-triggers
. double-tap detected by accelerometer being one of them,
. various elementary gestures like e.g. face-down position or strong shaking another,
. and obviously some users would want button-press as trigger source.
-- Then the gesture-daemon needs some state awareness:
. state_is-locked,
. state_custom-script-returns-zero...
-- and needs to know which programs are in list of running processes aka started (ps ax) and also
-- which program is upfront and visible (or *would* be visible if the current program [lockscreen] vanished, i.e. second on window stack).

Depending on all these conditions met the daemon then starts to watch for certain gestures and does the configured action when sensing one of those gestures (e.g. send a dbus cmd to lockscreen app ::{ activation-trigger+=doubletap(X,1500,50);; conditions: triggerd-by=doubletap, gesture_to_detect=none, program_on_top=lockscreen;; action: cmd=dbus-send lockscreen "unlock"} )

I'd like to discuss the design rationales and architecture more in depth with anybody willing to give this a go

/j

[edit] would integrate like siamese twins with pocketsphinx voice detection as suggested in and PoC provided in another thread here on tmo (sorry can't find the link right now) - voice input is "just another gesture" to detect

[edit2] this post spawns a new thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...10#post1038610 - PLEASE answer there, not here (unless it's about the integration of that suggested daemon with the lockscreen)

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2011-06-25 at 07:45.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
this is my vision

forgive my crude adjustments
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
For what it's worth, I feel far more strongly sympathetic to a separate bar for the unlock button/slider. I would much rather have than than one button in the corner as in this latest round of mock-ups.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by warhawk007 View Post
4. It would be cooler if album art was displayed near the Now Playing Notification or even cooler if Album Art would replace half of the Background of the lockscreen while a track is playing.
I totally agree

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by warhawk007 View Post
Well this is the best design so far and hope you can make a portrait version with these elements rearranged when it switches to portrait mode.
80% done.
Also, for now I'll be rather stubborn wrt the big bar placement for the landscape lockscreen. I think we can do something with the proximity sensor, so I'll leave that area free.

Last edited by Hurrian; 2011-06-25 at 07:18.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Wales
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Open to suggestions (UI or features), I wanted a slider instead of a button to unlock the device, but the default Qt slider looks crappy at best.sed
Since you asked...
Maybe a Wp7 lockscreen like theme similar to the theme on the IPhone 4 here? Support for seeing artwork along with the artist name and track (maybe below the date and time on the WP7 theme.

Also I like F2thak's notification area but not so much the header.
Hurrian's (Above) is very nice too.

Nokia N900 - Kernel V47 OC'd at 1.15mhz, CSSU, BleedingEdge, 64gb, H-E-N.

Need a ROM for an emulator on the N900? Then send me a message and Thank me in return.

If I help you somehow in a post then please press thanks next to it!

Message me @ Dale_Foster_1099@Hotmail.com
Xbox @ Pyro1099
Last.fm @ Pyro1099
Twitter @ Pyro1099

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
i love the icons instead of text for the notifications... very very nice... and i'd love the customizable wallpapers... darn good job this is!
Malaysian N900 user!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Dark_Angel85 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Okay, got the landscape and portrait ones pretty much done.

The reason for new messages being on the left and missed calls on the right is my memory of really old Nokia phones - they always used to have those two on the home screen.

Last edited by Hurrian; 2011-06-25 at 07:24.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
is this how it *will* look???

Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
is this how it *will* look???
Ask MAG. I'm pretty confident he can do it, after seeing his work on Open Media Player.