Active Topics

Originally Posted by Joseph.skb View Post
Forget the keyboard. Xperia Play looks interesting!
It looks interesting but a keyboard will be more useful to me than a joypad. I'm hoping that the playstation functionality of the Play will work with the Xperia Pro as well...

Originally Posted by gruik View Post
You're wrong. android ia a good o.s but there are some lacks wich are very unpleasant. it's impossible to choose one mp3 as message ringtone (not call ringtone)
Be nice, gruik. I have have one mp3 for messages and a different mp3 for a ringtone. Both are in a folder: /mnt/sdcard/ringtones

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by BillyTheFish View Post
It looks interesting but a keyboard will be more useful to me than a joypad. I'm hoping that the playstation functionality of the Play will work with the Xperia Pro as well...
Yes, I like the SE Xperia Pro as well.
Finally an Android device with Keyboard and Secondary camera.

Has anyone confirmed it has a GPU ?
The Adreno 205 I think is usually paired with the Snapdragon ?

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
the new sony ericcson X10 Pro which has been announced looks promising. actually although i have not seen any full reviews yet.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland@Turku
I have had the HTC Desire Z for about 3 months and I'd say it is the phone you are looking for.
Tons of apps, excellent keyboard, Android, good camera. Dolphin browser is top notch.
It is perma rooted (& S-OFF) so I can do pretty much anything with the OS. N900 was good but it just doesn't compare to this phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to jerra For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jerra View Post
I have had the HTC Desire Z for about 3 months and I'd say it is the phone you are looking for.
Thanks but I've pretty much decided upon waiting for the SE Xperia pro (unless anything else interesting is anounced in the meantime). I couldn't see that the Z was such an upgrade really.

Originally Posted by BillyTheFish View Post
Thanks but I've pretty much decided upon waiting for the SE Xperia pro (unless anything else interesting is anounced in the meantime). I couldn't see that the Z was such an upgrade really.
We'd love to have you be part of the Z group in case you change your mind!

The Following User Says Thank You to hordeman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
just my 2c

I've had a desire Z, courtesy of my employer, for a week. I could have opted for an n900 but, sadly, felt it was too much of a dead-end given the uncertainty of Nokia's support.

My normal phone is a Nokia E71, and this D-Z is my first android device, I'd only borrowed them for a short while before, or run nitdroid on my n800 for a while, or android-x86, so it was a significant change in my experience of mobile.

There's a lot to love. Wifi, bluetooth, hi-res screen, keyboard, uSDHC slot, touch/mouse, good but not great camera, lots of apps, good build.

There's a few things which could be better: a number row on keyboard, a better speaker (E71 is better, n800's were the best), battery life poor compared to nokia, need to root device which is a "battle" betweeen hackers and HTC.

Overall, therefore I recommend it provided you consider carefully
1/ comparative battery life
2/ how much you want a pure hacker's device like the n900 vs a somewhat more packaged appliance like an android phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to speculatrix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 145 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by speculatrix View Post
just my 2c
I've had a desire Z, courtesy of my employer, for a week.
There's a few things which could be better: a number row on keyboard, a better speaker (E71 is better, n800's were the best), battery life poor compared to nokia, need to root device which is a "battle" betweeen hackers and HTC.
Do you mean the Desire Z has poorer battery life than the N900 ?

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by speculatrix View Post
I've had a desire Z, courtesy of my employer, for a week...There's a few things which could be better:..battery life poor compared to nokia, need to root device which is a "battle" betweeen hackers and HTC.
I've found battery life to be a really strong point on my HTC G2 (aka Desire Z). Something - pre-installed bloatware maybe - must be draining yours. I temporarily rooted mine and disabled some of that crap already.

Root is always going to be a problem with anything but real-linux-based OSS systems. But there's a simple fix for the Desire/G2. Check out 'VISIONary' and look in the xda forums for plenty of info.
Registered Linux user #266531.

Tags
bada blows, bada rox