Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
I have got a problem with upload to extras devel. I want to upload an application for watching internet TV's. It is basically a complex bash script (placed in /usr/bin), so it does not require compiling and it runs on all architectures.
I have managed to create proper .deb package which installs and runs perfectly on my N900 (deps are just mplayer, bash, sed, wget, grep).
The problem is - when I try to upload it to extras-devel, I need a .changes file, .dsc file and source file. How do I make these?

I tried to make my own .changes file in a text editor and I managed to upload it, but when I upload .dsc and tar.gz ("source" I made by simply packaging the script), it says the MD5 sum doesn't match (although I did md5sum's correctly). I think this is not the proper way to do it anyways, so what is?

Thanks for your answers, in advance.
PS: Is there any way to do that on N900 itself? dpkg should be enough for packaging, but it'd be nice to have something more 'user friendly'...

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
I don't know if N900 is enough, but when you would do that in scratchbox:

- You enter directory of your app sources (so when you would type "ls" you could see debian folder and files from you package or sources) So if path to debian/control file is /some/path/yourapp-1.0/debian/control, you should cd to /some/path/yourapp-1.0
- You type "dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot" and let it finish
- In directory one level above ( /some/path in this example case) you should see files yourapp_1.0_armel.deb, yourapp_1.0.changes, yourapp_1.0.dsc and yourapp_1.0.tar.gz. It works this way in scratchbox and you then need to just upload these files via extras-assistant web interface

Last edited by misiak; 2011-05-11 at 10:39.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post: