Notices

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Oh my goodness ... only just discovered this after finally losing patience with khweeteur ... tweedsuite is so beautiful ... & working very well for me right now ... just hope it stays that way (don't sem to have any luck with twitter clients!)

The Following User Says Thank You to EmmaGx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by niqbal View Post
i was having the exact same issue till previous version. once i closed the app and started it up again, no avatars from that point on. apt-get install libqt4-bearer-hotfix .. fixed it. but like mece wrote, latest version no longer depends on qt namespace hotfix. so its a dependability issue with qt for that version you are running. Latest version does not have the missing avatars issue.
Ok ... I know I should know how to do this already having had this phone for a year & a half ... but I'm also having issues with the avatars disappearing ... and it's horribly hard to tell tweets apart without them ... So ... firstly do I need to have root access? ... and secondly do I just paste "apt-get install libqt4-bearer-hotfix" into the terminal?

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by EmmaGx View Post
Ok ... I know I should know how to do this already having had this phone for a year & a half ... but I'm also having issues with the avatars disappearing ... and it's horribly hard to tell tweets apart without them ... So ... firstly do I need to have root access? ... and secondly do I just paste "apt-get install libqt4-bearer-hotfix" into the terminal?
yes you need root. So install rootsh and then, in xterm, type this:
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install libqt4-bearer-hotfix
you also might need answer Y if it asks you if you want to proceed.
hopefully it solves the problem
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mece View Post
yes you need root. So install rootsh and then, in xterm, type this:
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install libqt4-bearer-hotfix
you also might need answer Y if it asks you if you want to proceed.
hopefully it solves the problem
Thanks! ... will have a go when I'm slightly less freaked out ... (my phone managed to lose all my media files today for no reason I can discover! ... and despite all the files disappearing the internal memory still shows 14GBs of space being used by something it's impossible to access!)

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
just thought id share. i wanted a more attractive tweedsuit icon so there.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to kent_autistic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kent_autistic View Post
just thought id share. i wanted a more attractive tweedsuit icon so there.
It's not terribly tweedy, is it?

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Originally Posted by mece View Post
That doesn't sound right. It displays whatever twitter api gives out. Could you post a screenshot of the issue?
I think what the OP is referring to are the Re-Tweets ... tweedsuit shows all new style re-tweets as old style re-tweets ... so sometimes they are over 140 characters & are missing their ends ...

When I follow people from TweedSuite they are automatically added to my Mobile update list (and as I have mobile updates switched on for some individuals) I then recieve all of their tweets via text ... this is really annoying & means I either have to visit the web version of twitter to follow someone without mobile updates, or visit the web to follow them in the first place ... in reality I'm too lazy to do either, so I I've stopped following new tweeps from my phone at all ... which is a real shame, as I've found lots of interesting people through the search functions in tweedsuit! ... is this a bug, deliberate, or an oversight? ... would be fabulous if I could follow people without this issue in the future!

I'm also missing the ability to delete my own tweets from TweedSuit, which is always useful when I make a mistake!

Thanks! x

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by EmmaGx View Post
When I follow people from TweedSuite they are automatically added to my Mobile update list (and as I have mobile updates switched on for some individuals) I then recieve all of their tweets via text ... this is really annoying & means I either have to visit the web version of twitter to follow someone without mobile updates, or visit the web to follow them in the first place ... in reality I'm too lazy to do either, so I I've stopped following new tweeps from my phone at all ... which is a real shame, as I've found lots of interesting people through the search functions in tweedsuit! ... is this a bug, deliberate, or an oversight? ... would be fabulous if I could follow people without this issue in the future!

I'm also missing the ability to delete my own tweets from TweedSuit, which is always useful when I make a mistake!

Thanks! x
Seems it defaults notifications to true. I never used that function so I never put any value on the notifications. Either way I'll set it to false in the next version. As a workaround with the current version, there's a link in the dropdown top bar of a user column that leads to their twitter page on the web.

deleting tweets is a planned feature.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
How to delete our on tweet frm home ? i cant see dat option

Tags
devel, qtqml, tweedsuit, twitter