Notices

Can anyone help me with this please?
I have searched, but don't seem to be able to find the same problem.

I use the default alarm on my N900 every day, and the majority of the time it locks up the phone and will not respond.
I.e: > Alarm sounds, > I press either snooze or stop, > button highlights (recognises press), > screen stays the same, > alarm carries on sounding. It doesn't stop until it has either crescended or I have to pull the battery.

If I let it carry on until it has crescended, it returns the desktop which is then not working. I can scroll through the screens sidewards, but any buttons, widgets, links will not press. I have to restart the phone to get it to work as it should.
I don't have many apps installed, and I have removed as many as possible that I do not need in case any are conflicting.

I would prefer not to reflash it.
Cheers in advance.

bump.

any ideas at all what might be causing this please?

when you make an update in AppMan, does it go through without problems?

CORRECTION: so used to FApMan i forgot that AppMan doesn't do the upgrade properly unless a catalogue is altered
does installing e.g. Faster Application Manager run smoothly?

Last edited by misterc; 2011-07-20 at 16:58.

is it possible that your HWSync is enabled? - because i've had exactly the same problem some time ago and it only occured if HWSync was enabled.

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
I had to pull the battery today with a stuck alarm, you are not alone lol.
Interesting about HWSync. Mine is enabled, I will disable and see if my random lockups and alrm freezes stop...

I've experienced this annoying behaviour a couple of times in the past. There is some workaround to avoid rebooting but my memory fails me on the exact steps. I think it involves switching the phone to either silent or offline and then back again.

Strangely this bug only seems to occur if I hit the button the moment it appears and before the alarm sounds.

The Following User Says Thank You to misanthropisht For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Frickelson View Post
is it possible that your HWSync is enabled? - because i've had exactly the same problem some time ago and it only occured if HWSync was enabled.
Where do I check this please? Sorry for my ignorance!

type in xterm:
Code:
cat /etc/powervr.d/hildon-desktop.ini
if it says "WSEGL_UseHWSync=1" it is enabled ...but if you don't know this it's propably disabled because this is the dafault setting

Originally Posted by Frickelson View Post
type in xterm:
Code:
cat /etc/powervr.d/hildon-desktop.ini
if it says "WSEGL_UseHWSync=1" it is enabled ...but if you don't know this it's propably disabled because this is the dafault setting
Thanks.
I have "WSEGL_UseHWSync=0", so it's not that causing the issue

Any other ideas?

have you tweaked your N900 (CSSU, kernel-power, overclocking...)?