Posts: 209 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ York, Pa., USA
Just wanted to be part of the love!

Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
I'm seeing the future of meego as this...
Android = java wrapping linux
Meego = QT wrapping linux
MeeGo is a full Linux stack

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jflatt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
damn right it's epic...

i have moreorless replaced my laptop with my n900. there is not much my laptop will do that the 900 can't. about the onle thing i use it for is torrents as i don't wantt to trash an sd card to death, or gobble all my data allowance when I drop onto 3G.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
Yes, point being? MeeGo will have community repos much like Maemo does, however. You'll probably need to hack or buy an unlocked unit to use them however.
well my point is... flexibility...for me the more the better
Like they say 2 heads are better than 1.

No, you can't. Even if you could, you'd be on your own as there's no guarantee they'd work.
Well on a developers point of view this would be fine with me.

for the enthusiast its the holy grail

for anybody else who wants an appliance that just works, its very low on the totem pole. There is a reason why you do not see N900s on ppl walking in the streets.

The Following User Says Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
There is a reason why you do not see N900s on ppl walking in the streets.
The fact that it's $600 and not available subsidized from carriers couldn't have anything to do with it, no? I can't say it would be a huge seller if it was, but the chips are stacked against it, especially in the US.

The Following User Says Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
The fact that it's $600 and not available subsidized from carriers couldn't have anything to do with it, no? I can't say it would be a huge seller if it was, but the chips are stacked against it, especially in the US.
Don't think would have made much difference. Can be subsidized here in the UK but barely anyone would pick it over HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy, iphone, etc. For those of us who want to tweak a lot and spend all day on an internet forum it is great and greatest thing since sliced bread. but for the mainstream not at all. Many far better options.

The Following User Says Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
n900.. hardware.. epic.. yes
software.. maemo.. nokia's official update ****.. major components still closed.. epic.. no

>>How are Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V complicated??? <<

I am talking about the actions you need to take before all these, namely highlighting. To retrieve the arrow icon and to mark it red for text selection, that's already two steps extra than in the case of N810. I know how to do it only because an advanced geek (think about that!!!) was asking the same question on this board, otherwise I don't think anybody could have figured it out in a million years. BTW I also know how to do it in RSS, where different steps are required, because I asked the question and someone (probably the developer?) was kind enough to show me how. But I still don't like it. I think it's too much work on my part as a user.

I fire up vpnc and connect to my companies Cisco VPN and work without issue from the shell on the N900.

My coworkers meanwhile root their OS and hunt for solutions (still) to accomplish the same task.

It's those kinds of things that make the ones "in the know" really understand it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughingstok For This Useful Post: