Active Topics

magenta and cyan is so attractive that i can sacrifice the 57G for 9G

I've got a 64MB N9, and frankly, I never seem to have more than 5-6GB on it, even when I throw some videos and maps on it before travelling. You're probably fine with the 16GB unit.

Another tip about music --- if you spend most of your time around a WiFi network, Spotify is available from the Ovi store and works great. My N9 is almost always streaming from Spotify, making storing MP3s on it a non-issue.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kf6gpe For This Useful Post:
Thanks, that helps me a lot. This is exactly what I was looking to hear about .... real life user experiences, and yours has definitely had me thinking about keeping the 16gb. I should have just asked members this in the first place ..

I guess 9.7 gb for all media is not too bad all things considered, if one is not a media hungry consumer. ..

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Remember iPhone4 [also 4S] 16GB was the hottest seller...

The Following User Says Thank You to qorax For This Useful Post:
Great point about the iphones! Didn't think of it like that .... hmmm...

Somehow I get the sneaky feeling that ALL of you who have chimed in reply to my post actually own the 64GB version ...

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Chicago/D.C./Katowice
with both the galaxy nexus and the n8 i've never hit the limit of 16, and thats with movies on em

tbh this 64 is overkill, i dont even know what im going to put on it

as others have noted, everything is streamed pretty much nowadays, and more than likely instead of carrying around your entire collection, you'll probably just rotate stuff anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to UCOMM For This Useful Post:
if im the one buying id buy the 64gb, music alone in my n900 is 14gb and movies is like 15gb btw i got 64gb n900 eventhough im not running out of memory for my files atleast it gives you peace of mind that you can put anything in it anytime.

talking about streaming how much you gonna pay for data? youtube alone is enough to maximize your data capped...

Last edited by Changegames; 2012-02-16 at 04:50.

57gb would make for a very large flash drive you would always have handy...

Arrrgh .. this is truly confusing....

The one thing that put me off from the 64 in the first place was the seemingly (for me) large price difference between the two. Now that seems to have dropped somewhat (negri electronics in the US has the cheapest 64 that I've seen so far, but they haven;t had stock for a few days now). The other thing now that puts me off, is the effort of having to re-sell the just acquired 16gb, wait for a reputed online seller to get the 64gb in stock for a reasonable price, and then wait for the (eventual) phone .... This makes me want to try and sell the phone locally first, but seeing as I'm in a smallish rural college town, I'll be curious to see how many takers there are for this.

Rotating music is a pain but with 79 GB you can't avoid it. However more storage means less frequency of rotation and more selection on hand at any time.

Streaming is best avoided where possible. It incur data charges and Spotify isn't free unless you don't mind listening to ads. You may also want to listen to your personally customized albums. Quality is another matter to consider.

In your case I would go for the 64GB if I haven't bought the 16GB yet. But since you've already bought the 16GB using it with some inconvenience is also not a bad option.

Sorry to add to your confusion.