I have installed the update and it works perfectly so far. No issues at all and alarmed events from the N900 now get inputted into iCal

The Following User Says Thank You to 3quid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Harpenden
The first 'proper' version of the iSync plugin is now available from https://garage.maemo.org/projects/n900isyncplugin/. This is an amalgam of the work by Jorgen, Graham and myself. Please note the following :-
  1. It doesn't sync events if you have an alarm on them. This is because of an issue with a library on the N900 (see earlier posts)
  2. You need to install Bluetooth Dial Up Networking on the N900. Without this, iSync will not recognise your N900 as a phone it can sync with, even if you already have the plugin installed and the phone paired.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to scudderfish For This Useful Post:
Nice one! Took me a while to convince my mac to see the N900 but now it's fine. First sync started off fine but failed just before finishing.

Now on my second attempt...it looks good...very good...hang on..steady..steady........YES!!

Ok, I have a warning.

1. The phone could not store some of your calendar events (76 events)

. 2. Changing all day events on phone is not allowed. (2 events)

Interesting. Anyhow, altogether it looks like a promising first solution.

Well done!

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Manchester
Folks, absolutely cracking effort. Worked first time for me - and just what I needed. I think Nokia (and all the community) owe you guys a huge thanks for this one!

The Following User Says Thank You to WebSamE For This Useful Post:
Incidentally, I raised a bug about the events with alarms thing. If you are interested in or use the iSync plugin, you should vote for the bug as it does directly affect you

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8463

The Following User Says Thank You to scudderfish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
This is fantastic! Thanks to the three of you for all the work that went into this.

Syncing seems to be working very smoothly for me using the new plugin with the exception of one minor detail:

- Individual calendars don't seem to sync between iCal and the N900. By this I mean the colour-coded calendars you can set up on each side.. is there any way to get them to match up?

Not a big thing, but it would be really nice to get that ironed out if possible.

At the moment that isn't possible but it is on my wishlist too. Once I have my college assignment out of the way I will look at how this is done. Don't think it's simple though!

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by 3quid View Post
At the moment that isn't possible but it is on my wishlist too. Once I have my college assignment out of the way I will look at how this is done. Don't think it's simple though!
Good to know! Just having them on the device under one calendar is perfectly fine for the moment, but having them sync would be brilliant

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Derby, England
Another report of the plugin working first time!

Admittedly I removed all my contacts and calendar data before starting sync, but they've all re-appeared on there without a problem - even my tasks have made it over, which I didn't expect!

Thanks for the effort, guys!

The Following User Says Thank You to lokizilla For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bingley Joe View Post
Good to know! Just having them on the device under one calendar is perfectly fine for the moment, but having them sync would be brilliant
I must say that right now I'm stumped as to how we might do it.