Active Topics

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Can't say that I'm surprised this was a hoax. More surprising was how many people just jumped onto this.
also shows there r some ppl out there who knew nokia + microsoft is a dumb idea.

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ A quiet place.
Some of the posters around here are such suckers. Talk about a reality distortion field, sheesh.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
sucker: One who is easily deceived
If someone is a good liar does it still make all people believing them suckers? The only thing I find surprising is the amount of people around here constantly insulting each other. Take your thinly veiled insults somewhere else.

The Following User Says Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by kazuki View Post
also shows there r some ppl out there who knew nokia + microsoft is a dumb idea.
Perhaps. But it also shows me that if MeeGo was finished, ahead of schedule or shown... hoaxes like that would not have been as believable or even able to be perpetuated.

Originally Posted by Sopwith View Post
Wow, what a comeback, I am speechless.
That will happen when it's so blindingly obvious why you indeed CAN justify the limitation of that system. In fact such a thing has been widely successful.

Note: I haven't said it's a better system, just that it's different - and very widely adopted.

Originally Posted by exo View Post
Well yes, if you're the sort of person that for some reason needs to use multiple different pdf readers to read a single document then yes it could be annoying. In the broad sense it's usually not a problem.
Why should it be annoying in the first place? There's really no reason for it to be, and the whole idea of it being "more secure" is stupid. Creating a shared space isn't exactly insecure, and IOS does allow that to some extent by allowing graphic apps to save to "album".

If I save a PDF file from the browser, the PDF file is now stuck inside the browser app, I cant use another app to access it. I would have to e-mail it to myself, or use some file transfer program to take it out and transfer it to the reader/annotation app.

Why the need to go through all those steps? It certainly isn't more "secure". its just stupid and annoying. I'm sure Apple will release an update with a shared data space sooner or later, and at that point you'll be one of the people going "OMG THIS IS SO AWESOME! APPLE IS GENIUS! HOW DID I EVER LIVE WITHOUT THIS FEATURE BEFORE!?"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
a hoax ? so it could work |?

Originally Posted by hawk View Post
Why should it be annoying in the first place? There's really no reason for it to be, and the whole idea of it being "more secure" is stupid. Creating a shared space isn't exactly insecure, and IOS does allow that to some extent by allowing graphic apps to save to "album".
Of course it is, sharing data between applications means every application has access to all your data, that is inherently less secure than running applications sandboxed...that's about as obvious as it gets in terms of application security. Unrestricted access is ALWAYS less secure than restricted access.

If I save a PDF file from the browser, the PDF file is now stuck inside the browser app, I cant use another app to access it. I would have to e-mail it to myself, or use some file transfer program to take it out and transfer it to the reader/annotation app.
Or dump the URL into the reader app.

Why the need to go through all those steps? It certainly isn't more "secure". its just stupid and annoying.
No, that's incorrect. If all applications have access to all the data then one rogue application can compromise your data...security 101.

Again, i'm not saying it's a better solution, just different but given you are disputing the very fundamentals of security it appears you're just calling it 'stupid and annoying' because you don't like it.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
... I mean, sure... WP7 isn't the greatest thing out there. But as it stands, to compare it to other vilified OS's... surprises me.
I'm not comparing the level of fanboism love/hate for the these three "horses", I am comparing their capabilities. And WP7 is certainly lame in comparison to the other two. Also saying it is lame is not vitriol, saying it is f*cking lame, that's vitriol

Last edited by kureyon; 2011-02-18 at 03:26.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by kureyon View Post
I'm not comparing the level of fanboism love/hate for the these three "horses", I am comparing their capabilities. And WP7 is certainly lame in comparison to the other two. Also saying it is lame is not vitriol, saying it is f*cking lame, that's vitriol
Granted.

I just didn't know what you were comparing it to. I'm fresh off of 10 days of using WP7 and oddly enough, it's not half bad.

Too bad... it's only half good. MeeGo being finished would have stopped this move to WP7 by Elop. That's where it all went wrong in my opinion.

Oh... and the three horse thing, definitely not applicable in the North American market. RIM, iOS and Android are the big three here. WP7 will make it 4. But overseas, they're going to possibly try to make it a 3 horse race by killing off Symbian.

That's a risk I'd rather not take if I were Nokia. Hell... I sorta miss the days of the silent Nokia. The new stuff communicated hasn't exactly been the best for Nokia.

Tags
a hoax, alcalde babble, bla bla bla, micronokiasoft, nokia sux nuts, nokia=epic fail, plan(a-z), plan(t)