Active Topics

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Sounds cool and I went to order one right away but was stopped by the $69 price tag.
Yup; it was a better buy back when it was $49.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Fortunately, a better look at the side and back of the product (all pictures I had seen before were frontal) has made my decision a bit less painful
Yes! This is a hacker's toy, built by hardware hackers for hardware hackers. But one of the main attractions for me is the modularity here: what these guys have done is just take what other folks have done to turn SBCs into portable devices, and created a slightly more professional housing for it. The SBC itself is just plugged into the case; you can pop it right out and use it elsewhere if you want.

What this means is that you can replace or upgrade parts as you like. There are already half a dozen keyboard modifications / replacements floating around for it, and several folks have been trying to replace the touchscreen with something more high-res. Lots of other hacks have been appearing as well. (So far, the only modification I've made to mine is to add a lanyard. )
Attached Images

Last edited by Copernicus; 2016-08-01 at 16:24.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post: