Active Topics

Originally Posted by martin-357 View Post
A nasty OS with tiles

lol
for real, thats hilarious

What is the "Nokia Link" software mentioned in the manual? Seems to be a replacement for Ovi Suite specially designed for Harmattan...

Anyone seen this already?

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by marrat View Post
What is the "Nokia Link" software mentioned in the manual? Seems to be a replacement for Ovi Suite specially designed for Harmattan...

Anyone seen this already?
Hope it help ...

http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia...-t-or-new-name

A++

The Following User Says Thank You to colin.stephane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 540 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tzsm98 View Post
Considering the vasts amount of stuff sold in the US that enters illegally I find it absurd to think that something that is legal to sell here will not be sold here in one market or another.
Only time will show, I just wanted to point to the obvious thing: FCC approval != sales in country. As you saw, US are not on the list of countries N9 is planned for, at least according to N9 pages on Nokia.com and latest rumours on this forum are more or less confirming the list.

The Following User Says Thank You to abbra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 149 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ YUL
I don't know if you have looked at the USB port on the logic board. It seems to be a massive improvment compared to the N900. No more broken USB port !

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by abbra View Post
Only time will show, I just wanted to point to the obvious thing: FCC approval != sales in country. As you saw, US are not on the list of countries N9 is planned for, at least according to N9 pages on Nokia.com and latest rumours on this forum are more or less confirming the list.
Nonsense, that list means nothing, and that is confirmed. Now, all you americans, be happy, the N9 is coming to a Amazon near you

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
The only thing confirmed so far besides the list is this.

"it is the case that the N9 is intended to be a regionally targeted products. And in terms of making decisions about where it should go, certainly we will consider the strength of Symbian in those markets, we will consider the timing of potential Windows Phone products in those markets, and a variety of other factors. "

Stephen Elop

As has been mentioned, the country-list is only a list of countrys where the N9 will be sold "freely" from the start.
Norway (where I live) is not on the list because it will be (initially) sold exclusively through one operator, Telenor.

So, chances are that there are allready exclusivity contracts in place in most of the countries NOT on the list.
US not being on the list could be because Verizon (or some other Operator) allready has exclusive distribution rights :-)

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by dkvello View Post
As has been mentioned, the country-list is only a list of countrys where the N9 will be sold "freely" from the start.
So, chances are that there are allready exclusivity contracts in place in most of the countries NOT on the list.
This logic is not valid for Brazil, Brazil is not included in the country-list and Nokia N9 will sell in Nokia Stores in September.

So, maybe that entire logic is not valid to USA...

Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post

So, maybe that entire logic is not valid to USA...
The whole logic of the US cellular market escapes me. Why consumers tollerate the Operator dictacting what cell-phones should/shouldn't be available to consumers is strange in a free market country.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dkvello For This Useful Post: