Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by skanky View Post
Has anyone worked out how to restore, yet? Esp. if using a backup from J1 to JC? I've looked around and seen that there's some issues, but I can't even see how to trigger a restore, let alone work out what works and what doesn't.
Sadly backup and restore is completely broken for me.
I had an old backup from april as .vault and copying it over to C worked as expected.

But the ui feature is not working at all.
First i tried to "Updated Backup". A nice looking Circle spin shows it is working through contacts, apps and so on, but ends with an error it could not write or something.
But it created a 320Mb Backup tar file on the Btrfs SD nevertheless, so i copied this file to a new ext4 sd and plugged into C.
Restore did not work from this file as expected, an error was thrown.
Now i tried to backup from 2.0.2.45 Tablet to ext4 SD. Error.
I ended up reformating the SD in different machines and tried again, no luck.
Also i could not update the local backup in .vault. The ui always cried for an SD to be present to backup to.
I have not tried FAT SD, should i?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Not sure anyone mentioned this yet. Another extremely annoying bug seems to have been (finally!) fixed in Aurajoki. Because the Messages app does not have the forward feature, I always had to resort to copying the SMS to the clipboard and then pasting in the composer to send it on. But whatever I tried, there was no way to clear the clipboard afterwards. "Clear" did not work, placing something else in the clipboard did not work, resetting the keyboard did not work... the copied SMS would stubbornly persist in the clipboard. The only way out that I found was a reboot. It was 100% reproducible. And now it is fixed! Hurraaaa!!!!
It is a bug that manifests sometimes, not always when copying SMS'es but on other copying too.
Doing "killall lipstick" solves it, and you don't lose uptime

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
some info about 2.0.3.11 leaked. Anybody tried?

Last edited by explit; 2016-07-23 at 10:34.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 212 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by explit View Post
some info about 2.0.3.11 leaked. Anybody tried?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=97016 Just read or ask away.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eminem For This Useful Post:
still 2.0.1 :P

The Following User Says Thank You to foufoutos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Release notes for 2.0.2/Aurajoki

Early access release

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post:
Loading 2.0.2.48 Aurajoki through normal Sailfish Update, Jolla 1
Edit: Early access, though

Last edited by Heik; 2016-07-28 at 11:47.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heik For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Could someone who updated his Jolla C from .43 to .48 early access check if LTE problem is still unchanged.
I read some rumor that it could be fixed in official early access, dispite not being fixed in later version 3.11.
Is that even possible?

The Following User Says Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
LTE works fine for me in .48. But then it has always worked for me, in .43 and .45.
The torch ("flashlight", what a horrible name) switch in events view is still broken, use !!enable_switch instead.

EDIT:
The call recording option has gone! According to the release notes, it's only for Jolla C and Aqua Fish

Last edited by pichlo; 2016-07-28 at 13:15.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Sadly backup and restore is completely broken for me.
I had an old backup from april as .vault and copying it over to C worked as expected.

But the ui feature is not working at all.
First i tried to "Updated Backup". A nice looking Circle spin shows it is working through contacts, apps and so on, but ends with an error it could not write or something.
But it created a 320Mb Backup tar file on the Btrfs SD nevertheless, so i copied this file to a new ext4 sd and plugged into C.
Restore did not work from this file as expected, an error was thrown.
Now i tried to backup from 2.0.2.45 Tablet to ext4 SD. Error.
I ended up reformating the SD in different machines and tried again, no luck.
Also i could not update the local backup in .vault. The ui always cried for an SD to be present to backup to.
I have not tried FAT SD, should i?
There is a TJC entry that says that the J1 needs to be at 2.0.2 to be able to create a backup that will restore on the JC. I'm not on the early access for my J1 yet (probably will sign up now that I'm using the JC as my main phone atm), so haven't tried it. I'll give it another go as soon as it is.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skanky For This Useful Post:

Tags
intex, jolla, sailfishos, sfo update, sfos2, update