Posts: 228 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Ontario & Iceland
Originally Posted by tso View Post
its quite possible to leave messages on the pop server on download. i do it all the time.
That's an old trick that has drawbacks. Might as well use IMAP to get that effect and more.

pop goes the weasel.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
if one have that option at all...

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Good news:

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2968#c20

I hope this will be the debut of the new SSU feature.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
AND it will be the finale of the "Internal Error: application E-mail closed" feature.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
I really wish that I would have gotten into this thread sooner, because there are some items that I'd like to have said earlier; but I'm late at getting to dissecting my IT software these days, sorry.

Feature Request:
- some kind of icon or color change or something of an indicator to indicate that an email has been forwarded or replied to
- in the same wise, an indicator when emails have attachments
- emails grouped in conversation threads (similar to what Google does)
- ability to customize whether emails will open on a single tap or double tap
- icon to switch accounts in the bottom icon list (only if there is more than one account being used to show this icon)
- and for the really fancy person in me who like's Mauku's implementation, kinetic scrolling as an option for scrolling within the emails and the email list view, but not the folder list view

Bugs (and if there is a better place to send these, please let me know):
- on the POP email accounts I have there is this issue when deleting one email that hasn't been downloaded completly, that the rest of the unread new emails will also delete themselves from view (but not from the account in the webmail/browser view); might be a POP implementation thing, but wanted to mention it

Lastly;
This is better than the previous mail client; there is a solid uptake on email on my end with Modest, even with the bugs that many have mentioned and the usability things I've asked for. You devs really deserve some serious kudos for this. I appreicate your work.

the multiple accounts thing was "fixed" here:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=22293

as for the pop issue, modest have many a weird pop behavior...

for one thing it refuses to honor "headers only" on a isp account that both my non-smart mobile phone and osso-mail had no issues with (same account managed to crash modest in a earlier iteration).

also, it cant delete a mail on server when your deleting a mail you told modest to keep on the server, even tho osso-mail had no issue doing so.

and lastly, modest fails to properly delete mail. yes they disappear from view, but you you tap the globe above the inbox, it still shows mail in the inbox. one have to go into .modest and manually delete the cache before they really go away. i even had modest refuse to download more mails because of this, when the "saved" mails where taking up space (over 1000 of them).

i suspect this is also related to the "zombie" mails, mails that show up in the inbox after one have deleted them and reopen modest.

and yes, there are bug reports filed on all of these in bugs.maemo.org...

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
ARJWright: Just a note, as far as I know, the Modest devs don't read this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Has anyone else found that--since upgrading to Diablo--Modest no longer automatically checks for mail on some networks? I'm not sure if I'm seeing a Modest bug, a Diablo bug, network misconfiguration, or stupidity on my part, but on one of the same networks where my tablet automatically downloaded mail with Modest on Chinook, it doesn't with Modest on Diablo.

EDIT: Nevermind, I've fixed the problem. So long as I have Modest set to automatically check for email on "All" connections, rather than just "WLAN", it works. This makes no sense, as the problem network is a standard WiFi network, but I'll take the fix.

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2008-08-07 at 13:40. Reason: I found a solution to the problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Just here to say that the Internal Errors really do seem to have stopped. Modest still is totally whacked when it comes to marking (Google IMAP) e-mails read and thinking e-mails are unread when they've been marked read on the server, but I'm not going to mess with Modest's bugzilla anymore, I might accidentally post to the wrong bug and get accused of "hijacking" it.

if you cant find a proper matching bug report, create a new one. worst that can happen is that someone will mark it as duplicate of an existing one

Tags
mail modest