Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
Lying flat on the desk mine is : 18,18,1188
Standing with the power button facing up : 54, -972, -162
Ah. Forgot your new version was in -devel. Might not be brave enough for the repo of certain reflash doom.

x = 0.0000
y = 0.1756
z = 10.2381

In the qreal columns at the bottom.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Switch_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
hehe, that new version does take a little while to get used to.... which reminds me, i really need to finish it off!!
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
hehe, that new version does take a little while to get used to.... which reminds me, i really need to finish it off!!
[OFFTOPIC]
FYI sometimes the swipe left and right is a little dodgy - I have found it works a lot better if you use the very bottom of the screen to swipe left and right - it seems to recognise the gesture a lot more consistently
[/OFFTOPIC]

Originally Posted by Switch_ View Post
[OFFTOPIC]
FYI sometimes the swipe left and right is a little dodgy - I have found it works a lot better if you use the very bottom of the screen to swipe left and right - it seems to recognise the gesture a lot more consistently
[/OFFTOPIC]

unfortunatley that is because i sused a cheapskates swipe function, and it only detects the swipe when done on the back window part - so for really busy screens, swiping over the actual scroll bars etc will not work.

Start the swipe off the screen (Like in the web browser) it it will work in most cases, as i have left a few pixel gap on the screen)
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Preenv does use some calibration; create a file at /etc/preenv/cal (create both the directory and file if they don't exist) and add 6 integers, separated by spaces, to it. Those are:
X Offset Y Offset Z Offset X Divider Y Divider Z Divider

For example:
0 0 0 1000 1000 1000

is the default, and means an accelerometer whose centre is at (0,0,0) and 1G is at (1000,1000,1000).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
I got to congratulate you on your app because in my opinion it is the best app that exsists outside of Nokia, well done Greg it is an engineers bible

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
I got to congratulate you on your app because in my opinion it is the best app that exsists outside of Nokia, well done Greg it is an engineers bible

Aww cheers! - now i really should go and finish it :P - i just find coding for maemo/meego draconian and hard (Mainly because i'm useless at c++ etc and prfer gui tools )

I have however started a new gui design, because that one was becoming cumbersome, one day! i may actually end up with a finished product!!!

Anyway! - interesting idea has just come to me about the accelerometer.... Maybe something for the CSSU?

Provide a new place to read the accell info from.... therefore allowing a custom control panel app to reset/re-calibrate the accellerometer....

Any new apps would have ot check if this new place exists, if not, use the old data.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Anyway! - interesting idea has just come to me about the accelerometer.... Maybe something for the CSSU?

Provide a new place to read the accell info from.... therefore allowing a custom control panel app to reset/re-calibrate the accellerometer....
No need to wait for the CSSU -- you just need to have developers agree on using such API, and distribute it via extras.

However, if this is true:
The way that seems to work to reset it is to remove the battery for a few minutes, then boot up again - it normally has recalibrated (if the actual hardware part has not beenknocked that is)
It would be better to do that instead.

Last edited by javispedro; 2011-04-06 at 17:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
No need to wait for the CSSU -- you just need to have developers agree on using such API, and distribute it via extras.

However, if this is true:

It would be better to do that instead.
Good point pedro, i think what i meant by the other approach though, rather then resetting - it would also give the user the ability to reset it to any angle they want.... I can't think of a purpose myself but if they live in a house on a very steep uneven hill and not flat, they may want a lopsided accelerometer reading at 0 hehe

But yes, the best way to reset it seems to be the above!

If I can just draw your attention to this thread herehttp://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...ng/td-p/637469.

The last post has got me intrigued. I've got Liqaccel Tests installed and when the phone is laying on it's back in test No3, the red readout, which corresponds to that position is indeed smack on zero.

I did the test on my cooker hob, which I know is level as I set it when I installed it.

If however, I stand the phone up in landscape mode the red readout goes a few degrees off.

Last edited by stickymick; 2011-04-07 at 11:15. Reason: Extra info added.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post: