Active Topics

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Ogre city@Latvia
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Didn't find it. Can you provide a link to this part? Thanks.
http://meego.com/

www.Hi-Tech.lv ...a bit of my technology
Using Nokia N900 32GB+8GB+Westone 3

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by optimistprime View Post
I mean for something thats seems to be a big deal between two big companies, there should be more there. More than just a pic of an N900 on the homepage and some stuff about Meego will be this or that. Maybe some insight into the UI or pics or something. It kinda caught us off guard here right? but this had to have been in the works since they started shipping out N900's. Somebody has to have some kinda scoop.
It may be their way of trying to coordinate the 'merge'.

Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Registered and threatening to joing their community working group. That'd knock the whole idea on the head! The Moblin people would run screaming into the night.
Please do join the working group. The rest of the people who have volunteered over there are pretty technical. The group definitely needs a healthy end user perspective.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tekojo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
The Moblin people would run screaming into the night.
I suspect all the DEB vs RPM noise has them halfway there already.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
No scoop.
It is just pretty impossible to have community content on a site that was just revealed.

The point of having a pretty empty site is that now it can be built by the community for the community.

Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Didn't find it. Can you provide a link to this part? Thanks.

http://lists.meego.com/listinfo/meego-dev

Be aware that it will flood your inbox though as it is the equivalent to subscribing to a thread here. You can also subscribe to digests.

Enjoy!

The Following User Says Thank You to Gadgety For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by tekojo View Post
Please do join the working group. The rest of the people who have volunteered over there are pretty technical. The group definitely needs a healthy end user perspective.
Well, if you think I can be useful, I will sign up. I'm a bit short on time this spring, but I suppose I can't sit here and grouch about the user community not being included unless I'm willing to put my paw up and be counted.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
I know the community part is empty and will come, but Meego just didnt pop up out of the ground a day or two ago. Maybe I'm too impatient. oh well, guess we can just hop on the Meego train and ride it out. I'm in, but hopefully the Meego train wont stop for trolls!

Well, the meego.com servers are certainly much faster that the maemo.org ones :-)

Originally Posted by fpp View Post
Well, the meego.com servers are certainly much faster that the maemo.org ones :-)
True. Less people, less active content and Linux Foundation to host it. That should equate to lightning speeds