Hi,

I browsed through the forums and wiki pages but couldn't find a real specific answer.

I have a little home network setup with a Buffalo Terastation working as a Fileserver. The N900 integrates smoothly into the WLAN, no problems here. The question is: is there a possibility to access the network shares of the Terastation directly from the N900?

These shares are visible on the Windows PCs connected to the home network.

The Terastation also supports PCast and I was able to connect to it from the N900 but could not navigate in the shown browser page. All I read about that was, that you need specialized software to use that.

Is it in general possible already to access Windows network shares?

Thank you.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=35939&page=2 :-(

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tomchiverton For This Useful Post:
Sorry, my fault since I am not that familiar with all the acronyms and variants of network shares.

Thanks for the hint to the other post, i.e. I can only wait at this tme.

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Is this still not possible? It's already 2012, maybe there's a solution now. What app do I have to install to have this capability?

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
What kind of shares do you want to access?

The Following User Says Thank You to casketizer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
sorry but i'm not familiar with the "kinds". in my current work we have a local Windows network were our files our stored. I can access it through Wifi in my PC, dunno how to do it in my N900.
edit: is "Windows fileserver" a kind of share?

Last edited by vetsin; 2012-04-23 at 04:43.

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
If those are standard Windows shares you can mount them easily using the Wizard Mounter app which is in the repository. In the app check Samba option. Once mounted you can access them with any N900 file manager. (under /media)

The Following User Says Thank You to casketizer For This Useful Post: