Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Updated to the new packages.
Something should test?

Anyway I havnt notise anything strange yet.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
do we actually need esound-compat for anything? apt-get seems to be fine with deleting it (no packages depend on it), but with dependencies you never know.

does any program actually use esd?
IIRC i read somewhere its for network sound in XDMCP sessions...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
IIRC i read somewhere its for network sound in XDMCP sessions...
should not be required. obviously with XDMCP you'd need a way of getting "network transparency", but pulseaudio does that.

AFAIK no programs use esd anymore. The only rdependency of pulseaudio-esound-compat was libesd0 (in extras/testing/devel), which, for all I care, is not used by anything (I don't even have libesd0 installed).

If at some point some program would use esd (why?) then it will pull libesd0, which in turn will pull the pulseaudio-esound-compat, so no problemo here

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Hmm, it might be because I recompiled clutter with -O3 -ffast-math -ftree-vectorize. The same flags that was causing pulseaudio to use more CPU than usual . Though for a correct measurement you need to have your CPU frequency locked
Tested it with locked frequency, and still it seems to use a little more CPU than it should (although, hard to be sure, as difference isn't big - 1-2% - and xorg doesn't use much in idle, anyway).

Do you think it's worthwhile to recompile it for cssu-thumb, like pulseaudio? Also what are supposed benefits of parameter mentioned by you (-O3 -ffast-math -ftree-vectorize)? Maybe increased CPU usage is worth it, if we gain something else?

Sorry, no idea about those compiling parameters here, so question may be silly

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Had anyone the experience that alarms didn't sound after upgrading PA packages? Even if i had rebooted 1x after update, not one of my test alarms gave a sound, not on 'silent' nor on 'Normal' profile. Only after the second reboot everything went back to normal.
(Btw: IIRC this happened to me at least 3-4 times before...)

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
updated to latest released files. any thing to check or any changes from previous ones ?

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
New version (21.2011.38-1Tmaemo5.1+thumb4) is out, check the first post for changes

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Australia
Just updated. All good. Thanks freemangordon.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Also what are supposed benefits of parameter mentioned by you (-O3 -ffast-math -ftree-vectorize)? Maybe increased CPU usage is worth it, if we gain something else?

Sorry, no idea about those compiling parameters here, so question may be silly

/Estel
Those are optimization parameters. O3 is very aggresive, and requires user-engaging-brain before using (you may want to search for info on pointer aliasing). fast-math will make some floating point operations faster, at the cost of losing strict IEEE floating point compliance (no biggie for most purposes, but again, user needs to know what he's doing). tree-vectorize will attempt to use parallelizing instructions (sse2, neon, etc.)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
updated to latest version. im facing a problem when i run apt-get update. CSSU-thumb repo updates without any problem. error log attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Apt error.txt (5.1 KB, 187 views)

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life