Hello!

Does anyone know how to record all the sounds coming from the tablet using either gstreamer, mplayer, or ffmpeg? (Preferably gstreamer, though.) I haven't found a way to do this after all my googling.

A way in Python would be nice, but anything from the command line would work just as well. It can be recorded in any format, too.

Any help or advice is much appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
I was looking solution for similar application, but there seemed to be no decent and simple solution, which is little strange. I got some hints;

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=22202

Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
Not entirely sure this is possible, since sound is mixed on the DSP which talks directly to the sound hardware, from what I understand...

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
I think it's possible, because maemorec handless it (recording audio) correctly. I just wanted command line application for such purpose. I am actively still looking solution for this and wiling to even pay some one to do it for us.

Hi.

You can use the Easy API [1] to record sound with python and GStreamer. The actual SVN version contains bug fixes. The version 0.5 of Easy will be released in next weeks.

Regards.
Mário Hozano

[1] http://easy.garage.maemo.org/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hozano For This Useful Post:
I think it's possible, because maemorec handless it (recording audio) correctly.
Does it record audio which is generated by the system (i.e. exactly what you want) or does it record from the microphone?

Does anyone know how to record all the sounds coming from the tablet using either gstreamer, mplayer, or ffmpeg? (Preferably gstreamer, though.) I haven't found a way to do this after all my googling.
With GStreamer I don't see why you couldn't insert a (GStreamer software component) splitter (or whatever the correct terminology is) and pipe the output to file (while leaving the other side to go to the usual audio sink). I'm not sure if this can be achieved by tweaking conf files, or if it's hardwired into the media player though.

With mplayer can the output not simply be sent to a file rather than the audio hardware (e.g. -dumpaudio, it may also be possible to grab the audio later in the decode process, anyone know)?

Tags
python, sound