Active Topics

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Hey guys, I just testing my N900 with my home Wifi. But every time I tried to connect to my wifi network, it just refused and failed to connect. I even changed the password to a shorter strength and also change the channel to 8 and still nothing go.

Can someone help me doing a step by step walk through?

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
anyone wanna help me out?

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
There are several threads on various wifi problems. Suggest you have a bit of a search and find the one that will address your particular problem (which may be one of a number of things).

Also might help to check the manual for your modem.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
I have this same problem a few times now. The only way to fix it (for me) is to reboot the phone, then it'll connect fine. The wifi on N900 just dies for no apparent reason. It's really annoying. I hope it can be fixed in a future driver/firmware update.

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
You could adjust your wifi in the "advanced" section of connection settings. I adjusted mine to 100mW and connection is much better than before, but drains more battery.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
I don't think it is a power issue, I think it is a bug in the driver/software. It can see the AP and good signal, but it simply cannot connect at all.

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Hey guys, I just testing my N900 with my home Wifi. But every time I tried to connect to my wifi network, it just refused and failed to connect. I even changed the password to a shorter strength and also change the channel to 8 and still nothing go.

Can someone help me doing a step by step walk through?
It is depend from your wifi settings.
Could you like to provide more information about wifi settings(from router)?

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Liverpool, UK
Sorry to bump this up, but I have exactly the same issue. Don't know if it's a problem with the N900 itself, it works perfectly with routers in all of my friend's houses.

I've tried adjusting all the settings, using it with WPA, WEP and without either.
I've tried a variety of DNS servers. I've tried switching the router to 802.11g only. I've tried turning off the router's own firewall.

All I get from the N900 is "network connection error", no details. I have a 500MB allowance per month, and i've used 230MB in just over a week, which I could cut by more than half if I could get this damn wifi working. It doesn't even show up on the router's DHCP client list, so I can't put it in a DMZ.

The router is a Belkin F5D8233-v3
Anyone have any ideas?

thanks..

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Pittsburgh, PA, USA
At home I use WPA with WEP (PSK) and it is work very well.
WPA-EAP (MSCHAPv2) has bug. It will not reconnect by self (only manually).
phone can work with g.
You don't need setup DNS on first step. I used it by default.

Which network did you setup?
Can you connect to router from phone?

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Liverpool, UK
I'm on Vodafone.

And nope - the phone sees the router, but I just the "Network Connection Error" message if I try to connect to it.

Tags
connect, connection, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, network, problem, wifi, wireless, wlan