Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I have this big 3D printer and would like to design my own other half. What we need is to get the exact dimensions or Atleast the connectors. I've mail jolla but didn't get an answer. Would be cool to make an exclusive personal other of with some distinct design instead of jolla regular.

Anyone have any idea how jolla planning to connect the other half with the device?

Anyone have a printer an planing to do the same?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by chemist; 2013-12-06 at 11:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
It would be nice if we had more information. But you can forget it.
The current design is not final. It is possible that changes in the size slightly. At least that was somewhere in the conversation, for example, that the screen edges are less.
There is a video where you can see the rear of the prototypes (without cover). You see nothing but a black area. Not even the main battery is visible. Therefore, we are left with all non other than to wait until Jolla / manufacturer has the Smartphne Developed completely and then gives us then the data here.

Nevermind, didn't notice someone digged this thread from burried.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Any new info from jolla related to this. I'm unable to extract anything...The phone is out so it should not be a hidden...Poopy red was not exclusive enough so I'm planning to build my own. The first one will be just plain gray since the basic material is that color but I will later create military camouflage other half

Would be create if jolla could share CAD map.

I'm using this. anyone else have one... Maybe we can share designes?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=AKTSdW7-H3Q

This color:

This is one of the best ideas I've seen so far to phones and would be cool if it worked with jolla:

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-12-05 at 20:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
one from the 450 Jolla users have to go to one what can make a 3d scan from OH

You would think Jolla would be more than happy to share CAD map with all.
Similar to what Nokia did with Lumia 820 and some other phone.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
I vaguely recall a Jolla spokesperson (can't remember who) saying they'd release the CAD info "soon" (we've heard that one before). Maybe as a Christmas present?

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
You would think Jolla would be more than happy to share CAD map with all.
Similar to what Nokia did with Lumia 820 and some other phone.
i ask jolla few days ago when there share the information... you can think about what threr told me ... the word begins with "S" and ends with "N"

The Following User Says Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Yes 'soon' to TOH documentation and 3d models. And next favourite word is patience.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Officially, is the TOH covered by Jolla copyright, ... or by copyleft and can be 'freely' 3d-scanned and reproduced?