Notices

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mexico DF, Mexico
Ok, I guess that will do the trick. Thank you!
N900 registered as Linux Machine # 426325

The Following User Says Thank You to strange1712 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
I think I'll revert the change (maybe with an exception for "All songs"), but only for the situation when a song is clicked. "Shuffle songs" and "Add songs to now playing" will still apply only to songs matching the search criteria. Does it sound reasonable?
Sounds perfectly reasonable

Originally Posted by Android_808
any future work on tracker would be greatly appreciated.maybe as part of an omp v2 release
That would be another project, not directly related to OMP
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
That would be another project, not directly related to OMP
Totally agree but they tie in together quite nicely. No point updating tracker if nothing is going to use it, and it may have the side effect of breaking something else. No point updating OMP's tracker related features if they're not supported by tracker itself.

As gidzzz stated above, the focus is on the player at the moment. When it is finally officially released into extras or merged in with CSSU, and after any new bugs are fixed in a maintenance release, maybe this is something that could be collectively looked into.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Vancouver, BC
Any thoughts about "Delete" in "Now playing" or the new searching behavior (when shuffling/adding to now playing/clicking a song, only the search results are taken into account)? Those are the main sources of my mixed feelings about this release.
I'll share my thoughts Typical use case for I would be listening to all songs on shuffle.

Often I want to skip to a particular song, which right at this moment means scrolling through a modest list of 800 songs on the shrunken now-playing file list - not practical. I've accustomed to searching via 'all songs', however now after a search If I select a song, it becomes the entire playlist (and ignores previous shuffle settings, now it turns off) - essentially 'repeat 1' . If I 'append this song' to the playlist, I now have say 800+1 songs to scroll through. I seem to believe this is how iPods work, but oh my I can't help but consider it a regression! Certainly jumping around the playlist is more often desired than hearing a subset of songs matched by string? :P

Some sort of search directly from 'now playing' would remedy this little gripe, even save button presses, assuming feasible. Anyways I've just stepped back to the February release - works for me. Greatest of thanks for the continued development of this player!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CowMan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Dubai , United Arab Emirates
Looks like I'll have to finally get my hands on a Windows PC and do some tests, as it's not the first report of problems with WMP.
Thank you gidzzz

Hi!

I created patch which add support for Headset Phone button. Merge request is here: https://gitorious.org/qt-mediaplayer...rge_requests/7

This patch working fine without any hacks or daemons like packages: headset-button-enabler headset-control. So this patch is clean solution for openmediaplayer without 3rd dependences.

Because headset has only one button (button "phone"), I added options to settings dialog to configure action. Actions are: play/pause, next, previous, stop, none

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Excuse me, if it was covered before, but does OMP support control buttons on BH-214 -like bluetooth receivers (sometimes called headphones), i.e. play/stop/forward/next/volume+/volume- separate buttons on receiver? It works fine on stock mediaplayer.

If not, does Pali's path also cover supporting it? by the way, huge thanks for path nevertheless, Pali!

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Excuse me, if it was covered before, but does OMP support control buttons on BH-214 -like bluetooth receivers (sometimes called headphones), i.e. play/stop/forward/next/volume+/volume- separate buttons on receiver? It works fine on stock mediaplayer.
I tested it with my new bluetooth headset Creative WP-350 and buttons play/pause, next, forward working fine.

Button stop not working, but this my patch adding support also for stop button.

If not, does Pali's path also cover supporting it? by the way, huge thanks for path nevertheless, Pali!

/Estel
My patch adding support for
* stop button
* phone button (with configuration in settings dialog)
* auto enable/disable jack-bias alsa switch (needed for enabling button on wired headset)

Receiving signals about button pressed is same for all input devices. So if somebody has bluetooth headset with "phone" button, it will be working too.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mexico DF, Mexico
Originally Posted by CowMan View Post
I'll share my thoughts Typical use case for I would be listening to all songs on shuffle.

Often I want to skip to a particular song, which right at this moment means scrolling through a modest list of 800 songs on the shrunken now-playing file list - not practical. I've accustomed to searching via 'all songs', however now after a search If I select a song, it becomes the entire playlist (and ignores previous shuffle settings, now it turns off) - essentially 'repeat 1' . If I 'append this song' to the playlist, I now have say 800+1 songs to scroll through. I seem to believe this is how iPods work, but oh my I can't help but consider it a regression! Certainly jumping around the playlist is more often desired than hearing a subset of songs matched by string? :P

Some sort of search directly from 'now playing' would remedy this little gripe, even save button presses, assuming feasible. Anyways I've just stepped back to the February release - works for me. Greatest of thanks for the continued development of this player!
Yes, that's what I wanted to say in my previous post...
N900 registered as Linux Machine # 426325

Originally Posted by CowMan View Post
Often I want to skip to a particular song, which right at this moment means scrolling through a modest list of 800 songs on the shrunken now-playing file list - not practical. I've accustomed to searching via 'all songs', however now after a search If I select a song, it becomes the entire playlist (and ignores previous shuffle settings, now it turns off) - essentially 'repeat 1' .
Okay, I'll revert that behavior also for "All songs" (by default, and make it configurable).

Originally Posted by pali View Post
I created patch which add support for Headset Phone button. Merge request is here: https://gitorious.org/qt-mediaplayer...rge_requests/7
Thank you, I have merged it. I've got a small remark, though: it's easier for me to make a merge if commits are based on the repository at https://gitorious.org/~gidzzz/qt-med...qt-mediaplayer.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse