Notices

I did a quick search and didn't see any relevant posts so wanted to start a brainstorm. Short of looking for the buried Holy Grail of the FLV files on some site to be able to play the linked FLV file has anyone looked into adapting the mplayer plugin to play the flash10 video content that seems to be popping up alot? Basically it is the Flash Video Player that is calling for flash10 the video is just a standard FLV file.

If I was more of a programmer I would dive into this if I was a better programmer but we would probably be on a N1000 by then.

I also wondered about porting the firefox Download Helper plugin at least that way one can download the file while still on the n8x0 and then watch in mplayer.

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
The problem is that each website handles how it does videos differently. If you can figure out where the videos are stored on the website, and how that URL is encoded in the webpage, you should be able to download any video from that website with no problem. Any sites you were looking at specifically?

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by TrueJournals View Post
The problem is that each website handles how it does videos differently. If you can figure out where the videos are stored on the website, and how that URL is encoded in the webpage, you should be able to download any video from that website with no problem. Any sites you were looking at specifically?
Assuming that we are talking about streams and feeds... CNN Live would be a good place to start.

>> http://www.cnn.com/video/flashLive/l...stream=stream1

Tags
download, flash, flv, mplayer, video